Chapter Eighty Six [Rewritten]

-Chapter Eighty-Six-

"Henzo!" Rapanui cried.

"Rapanui!" Henzo sobbed, reaching his hand out toward the boy who soon did the same, but before either of them could shake hands, Luffy suddenly flew by. Ramming straight into the blond and taking him with him through the air.

"Sorry!" the rubber man shouted back at us before he got too far away.

"Luffy!" Usopp frowned.

"Idiot! What do you think you're doing interrupting such a tender moment like that?!" I snapped.

"Luffy! Dumbass!" Zoro groaned in irritation.

"It shouldn't be a problem, the inside of the mist loops, remember?" Robin reminded us. "They'll be back here any moment now" she reassured us as we now patiently waited in silence for their return. "Or maybe not..." she muttered after a few minutes of nothing happening.

"Yeah, I don't think they're coming back" I said, peering up at the sky and still not seeing either of them.

"Yeah, now what?" Zoro and Usopp asked.

"Now we look—there's no telling what could happen in the mist" Henzo stated.

"The worst that could have happened is that they landed in the water, and even then, that wouldn't really be a problem" I said.

"True" Usopp nodded in agreement. "They most likely crash-landed onto one of the broken-down ships" he suggested.

"Exactly, we don't really have much to worry about" I hummed. "We should be able to find them in no time" I reasoned.

"That idiot's more trouble than he's worth..." Zoro grumbled.

"Please be alright..." Isoka worriedly whispered before looking up at me as I rested a delicate hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be just fine" I softly smiled, watching as she nodded while giving me a small smile in return. 

-Later-

"Usopp, you find anything?" Zoro asked as he and I climbed back up onto the ship.

"No, I didn't see a sign of them anywhere" Usopp shook his head.

"Really? We didn't find much either while searching the surrounding area" I said.

"It is possible that the two of them were flung very far?" Henzo speculated. "Enough to be beyond the mist...?" he pondered aloud.

"But...what's that mean? Rapanui, is he not here anymore?" Akibi worriedly asked.

"Quite possibly" Henzo answered.

"Oh no!" Isoka gasped, already on the verge of crying.

"Are you trying to tell us that it's possible they shot themselves out of the mist?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Hey, you guys!" before the old man could respond, he was suddenly interrupted by Nami's voice calling out to us.

"Oh, Nami—hi" Zoro greeted the minute he saw her rowing toward us.

"What do you mean, "Oh, Nami?" Could you sound less excited?" Nami frowned. "And after I came all the way here to rescue you, how rude" she huffed.

"Yeah, so sweet of you to come here and rescue us and not for any other reason" I sarcastically responded, sweat dropping upon seeing the large amount of treasure in her small rowboat.

"Oh yeah, you do seem terribly broken up about it" Usopp deadpanned as the ginger climbed aboard the Going Merry.

"Don't mind me" she said as she got on deck. "Hey...uh...who are all these children anyways? And where did Luffy run off to this time?" she frowned. "You all look kind of upset, what happened?" she asked when she saw the sad expressions on everyone's faces.