Chapter One Hundred [Rewritten]

-Chapter One Hundred-

"A fish in the sky? I wonder how it would be different from a fish in the sea" I pondered aloud, curiously tilting my head.

"This island remains the only unexplored domain and as a sailor and adventurer, I feel it is my destiny to one day reach the sea in the sky—Montblanc Noland" Nami finished, causing the three men around her jaws to drop. "Do you know what this means?" she asked.

"Sky Island must really exist!" Luffy brightened.

"Just like Robin said it did—now we just have to figure out how to get there!" Usopp cheered, causing the reindeer that had been resting on his shoulder to topple off onto the ground.

"Sky Island does exist!" Chopper excitedly exclaimed, causing the three to happily cheer. 

-Later-

"What did you want to tell us, old-timer?" Usopp asked as we piled outside under Cricket's insistence.

"Listen up and listen good, I decided to tell you guys everything I know about Sky Island" the man gruffly said just as my ears perked up to the sound of snoring.

"Already?" I sweat dropped when I saw that the swordsman beside me had already fallen asleep. "Hey, wake up..." I mumbled, jabbing my elbow into his side which only caused him to grumble as he shifted around.

"Most of this is rumor and hearsay, so you have to make up your mind on whether you believe it or not" Cricket said as I started to poke the swordsman's cheek, my own puffing up in slight annoyance.

"You aren't really going to sleep through this whole thing, are you?" I asked as he sleepily swatted away my hand, irritably grumbling before relaxing as he continued to snooze.

"I believe it" Luffy firmly nodded.

"Quiet!" Usopp snapped, hitting the back of the captain's head.

"There's something strange that happens in this part of the ocean" Cricket said, ignoring the two as he pointed out toward the sea. "Everything will suddenly turn black as night right in the middle of the brightest day" he revealed.

"Hey, yeah" Luffy perked up as he eagerly raised his hand as if to catch the man's attention. "The same thing happened to us, right?" he asked, looking to Usopp for confirmation.

"Yeah, it was like the sun vanished and then these enormous monsters showed up" Usopp nodded.

"You saw the giants? There's a tale about where they come from, but forget about them for now—we can go into that later" Cricket dismissively waved before crossing his arms. "Now about this strange nightfall, it's caused by the shadows of an extremely dense cloud" he explained.

"Cumulonimbus clouds?" Nami questioned. "But it was too dark for clouds—it was like the sun went out!" she argued.

"Yeah, it was more of an eclipse" Luffy agreed. "Clouds on a cloudy day are sort of cloudy."

"Yeah, just sort of cloudy" Usopp nodded.

"Yeah, cloudy" Chopper echoed.

"Yeah, what they all said" I chimed in.

"Shut your mouths and listen!" Cricket snapped. "This cloud is called a Cumulorgalis cloud—it forms high in the sky, it has no eternal air currents and never turns rain, no light can reach the ground and a sunny afternoon turns black as pitch" he explained. "It's like some giant hand reaches up and snuffs out the sun like it was a candle. Some say that Cumulorgalis clouds are floating fossils—petrified clouds that hang in the sky, unchanged for thousands of years."