Chapter Eighty [Rewritten]

-Chapter Eighty-

"I did have a treasure—the pirates who were in debt to me singed over a mountain of valuables to pay me off, but then while I was making my plans to buy a pirate ship and organize a crew...I exchanged it all for cash" Zenny sighed as Minchey inched his way closer toward us, a look of excitement on his face that rivaled Nami's. "When I look back now, I realized that's when my fate took a turn—remember when I told you I was attacked by pirates and I eventually drifted onto the shore of this godforsaken island?" he asked, watching as we nodded. "Well, naturally, I managed to protect the cash" he continued. "Let's face it, I'd risk my life for that money—I was going to use it to buy my lifelong dream...but when I came to, after washing up on the beach..." he heaved another sigh before he finally revealed that the goats had actually eaten all of the money.

"The goats ate your money?!" Nami gaped in shock.

"Really?" Chopper questioned.

"Hm, I'm not surprised" I hummed before worriedly looking down at the goats, even though their stomachs were built to basically digest just about anything that didn't mean it was good for them to eat things that weren't meant to be edible. It was clear they were just fine and had digested the money all those years ago with ease, but that didn't stop the inkling of worry I felt despite it being such a long time ago.

"All of it? They ate all of it?!" Minchey cried.

"Every last beli, well maybe they left two or three bills, but that's it" Zenny said. "So it's like I told you, these guys are my treasure, and not just metaphorically."

"Well, ain't that the sweetest thing I've ever heard" I chuckled, smiling as I felt Baxter bump his head against my hand. "You hear that, buddy, you really are a treasure" I grinned, happily squatting and scratching ruffling his fur as I pressed my forehead against his own.

"All my fortune had been lost, but in return, I gain my friends" Zenny smiled, petting one of the goats that surrounded him. "They don't betray me or cheat me...I finally have friends at my side that don't do anything for selfish motives, they take care of me and in return, I take care of them. So I think I've gotten the greatest treasure in the world" he grinned.

"Good for you, goat man" Luffy smiled.

"Yeah, it's pretty good, I guess I could turn a profit in any situation" Zenny joked, causing us to laugh.

"Oh, gag me..." Minchey bitterly grumbled. "Hey, Straw Hat, you pirates aren't in the clear just yet—there's a fresh fleet out there just waiting to take you on!" he suddenly mocked. "Don't think you're going to get away without a fight!" he laughed as he started to roll away from us.

"Don't talk tough when you're rolling on the floor!" Luffy frowned.

"That's just sad" Nami said, shaking her head.

"Sad? I say that's more pathetic than sad" I scoffed as Zoro stopped the rolling Marine with his sword.

"You're the pathetic ones! You think your puny boat has a chance against nine ships?" Minchey snarled.

"I'm not running away" Luffy firmly huffed as he picked the Marine up off the floor. "Tell your Marine buddies if they want to fight, to come and get me—Gum Gum..." he started to stretch his arm back.

"Yo, Luffy! Angle it a bit higher!" Usopp instructed from the crow's nest, having migrated up there some time ago without any of us really noticing.

"Thanks" Luffy smiled before throwing the redhead up into the air. "Pistol!" his arm shot forward and made harsh contact with Minchey's stomach which sent the man flying.