Chapter One Hundred and Fifty One [Rewritten]

-Chapter One Hundred and Fifty-One-

"That's right, I'm a roughen tough member of the Straw Hats! Crying babies shut their trap when they get a load of me!" Chopper quickly boasted, causing Zoro to clap as he looked rather impressed and perhaps even proud of the reindeer. "Better do exactly as I say or these hostages are doomed!" he threatened as we continued to scream, mine wavering for just a second as I almost broke character and laughed at how cute the reindeer looked in his attempts to act mean and tough. "Alright, all of you buffoons stay down and let us board our ship!" he snapped.

"Now I get it" Zoro grinned.

"Interesting" Sanji hummed.

"Do it!" Chopper snapped when he saw that none of the Marines were moving. He wasted little time in giving them a very detailed and gory threat that eventually ended with the promise of going through with it if they didn't do as he said.

'I didn't think he had it in him' I was in awe as my chest seemed to swell with pride for the little reindeer, impressed that he was able to play the role of villainous captor so well.

"I'd do as he says, guys, he's serious" Zoro said, quick to play along as well. "If you haven't seen the neck-snapping thing, it's pretty messy" he warned.

"How would it look if you, the righteous arms of justice, let three women die?" Sanji asked as Nami, Kobato, and I whimpered, frantically shaking our heads as we huddled closer together.

"Chopper, what are you doing? That's not helping!" Luffy scowled.

"Shut up, you idiot!" Nami quietly hissed.

"Don't blow this for us, dumbass" I harshly whispered.

"He's going to kill us!" Kobato screamed, quick to distract any men who may have been confused by Luffy's remark.

"Please do as he says—I can't die before I get married!" Nami cried as she raised her hands and covered her face.

"Yes, please help! I'm far too young to be leaving this world behind so soon!" I wailed, quick to ignore the voices in the back of my head that snickered at the concept of me being distressed over the idea of an early death. Voices that mockingly whispered how hypocritical it was for me to act like such a thought truly bothered me.

"Um...Commander?" a Marine nervously questioned, not knowing what to do as he turned to his superior for answers.

"Fine, you win" the Commander sighed, angrily looking away as he raised his hand. "Lower your weapons and withdraw—stand down now! I said withdraw!" he snapped when some of the men seemed to hesitate in following his orders.

"Please, sir!" one of the soldiers begged.

"We can't risk it!" the Commander scowled as his men finally gave in and backed away.

"Wow, they actually complied" Sanji whistled in amazement, not having expected this plan of ours to work so well. I didn't blame him, I had expected them to prioritize the capture of the others over the lives of three measly women...but then again, Sanji was right earlier, it wouldn't have looked good in the eyes of the public if the government allowed for three innocent civilians to be killed during a hostage situation.

"Let's hope so" Zoro said as he walked over and freed Luffy from the net he was tangled up inside of.

"Thanks, Zoro...I owe you one..." the captain weakly murmured.

"We have complied with all your demands—now, release the hostages!" the Commander demanded.

"It worked, we did it!" Nami silently cheered before elbowing the reindeer's side. "Chopper, speak!" she quietly hissed, not wanting the reindeer's silence to give away any indication to the surrounding men that something wasn't quite right with this hostage situation.