Chapter One Hundred and One [Rewritten]

-Chapter One Hundred and One-

"He's absolutely right, she's worthless" Cricket agreed. "Even brand new that wreck wouldn't stand a chance" he scoffed.

"Say what?" Usopp narrowed his eyes as his face flushed with anger.

"Speed, weight, strength—the explosion would blow that ship to pieces before it had the chance to get airborne" the man clarified.

"Yeah, see—it's useless..." Usopp sighed as he instantly deflated, not really having the energy to stay mad.

"But, don't worry, I think I could help you out there" Cricket suddenly offered. "I'll have Masira and Shoujou do a complete refit of your ship—I'll also have them reinforce the superstructure to withstand the strength" he grinned.

"You bet! Don't worry, guys, we are all over it!" Masira and Shoujou happily proclaimed as they stuck themselves out the window of the house and waved.

"Thanks, fellows!" Luffy waved right back at the two.

"Thank you, we appreciate it!" I laughed as I happily waved alongside the captain.

"Yeah, thanks a lot..." Nami and Usopp grumbled, not the least bit happy about any of this.

"Have you really thought about this?" Nami asked as she looked at Luffy.

"What?" he blinked, curiously tilting his head.

"Well about...oh yeah, about the fact that we can only stay one more day on this island, or did that slip your mind?!" Nami snapped as she showed him the Log Pose. "After that, the Log Pose will lock onto the next island location and we'll have to move on" she frowned.

"That's right! That's right—we've got to move on!" Usopp excitedly laughed. "Hey, old man," he called over to Cricket, "I realize you're not a fortune teller and you probably don't have the vaguest idea, but how many days will it be 'til the next time the Knock Up Stream lines up with the Cumulorgalis?" he eagerly asked. "Or better yet, how many weeks or months or years or centuries? Take your time, I'm in no hurry—can I lend you an abacus?"

"It'll be around noon tomorrow, so you better get ready" Cricket calmly responded.

"Wait a minute! You mean we can make it?!" Usopp shouted, eyes widening in a mix of shock and horror.

"Oh, how convenient" I smiled.

"You're telling me..." Nami grumbled, resting her forehead against my shoulder as her own slumped downwards in slight despair. Chuckling, I gently patted the back of her head.

"Afraid so—if you're scared, don't go" Cricket simply suggested as he turned away and started to head back in with the rest of us quick to follow.

"You're lying" we halted, curiously looking toward Usopp after he made his bold claim. "There's something fishy about this—we've known you for less than twenty-four hours, why are you being so helpful?" he frowned. "And what's more—"

"Now hold on, Usopp" Luffy butted in, walking toward the sharpshooter, only to stop when Usopp held out his arm to block his path.

"You hold up 'til I'm finished!" he snapped, not allowing the rubber man to get another word in. "This Sky Island—this legendary place we don't even know the location of is just going to show up out of the blue at noon tomorrow?" he glared, a skeptical look on his face. "And to help us get there, you are going to rebuild and reinforce our ship for nothing? When something looks too good to be true, it probably is" he frowned. "Even if this liar, Noland, is your great, great, great grand—whatever!

"Right, so how do we know we can trust you?" he asked.

"Hey, old man, soups on! Come and get it while it's hot!" Marisa and Shoujou shouted as they threw the back door open and poked their heads out.