Chapter Sixty Eight [Rewritten]

-Chapter Sixty-Eight-

"Oh, wow! Hey, come on—let me try!" Luffy excitedly shouted, eagerly rushing over to the two that were laughing with the intention of joining in on the fun.

"That doesn't look safe..." I muttered as I watched them.

"What doesn't?" Zoro asked.

"What Luffy and them are doing down there" I said, pointing down at the three on the deck as if motioning for him to take a look himself, instead, he only shrugged his shoulders.

"When does anything that they do look safe?" he questioned, leaning back as I hummed in thought before nodding.

"Good point..." I mumbled, peering back down at the group that was now playing around on the deck. "Though I'll admit, it does look kind of fun..." I confessed, smiling at their cheerful laughter as they went gliding along the deck on the handles of their mops. Leave it to Luffy and them to make such a simple act like cleaning look like the funnest thing in the world.

"Nami, you're working so hard—are you all finished now?" Sanji asked the second the ginger came out of her room.

"They work fast" I whistled, watching as the bubbles now started to build upon the deck the more the three went gliding around on their mops. Growing higher and higher with every passing second until they were practically towering over everyone's heads.

"No, what's going on out here?" Nami curiously asked.

"What are you doing with all this stuff anyway?" Sanji asked, only just now noticing what the three were doing.

"We're cleaning" Usopp simply responded as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"This is actually fun—you want to try it, Nami?" Luffy asked as Zoro and I finally decided to come down from the crow's nest and see what all the commotion was about.

"What's with all the noise down here?" Zoro grunted, scooping down and picking up a bar of soap that was just lying on the floor of the deck. "What is this stuff? The Smooth Skin Soap from earlier?" he asked.

"Who knew that little bar of soap could produce this many bubbles" I whistled, taking the bar of soap from his hands. "Such a shame that it was wasted on something like this, I'm sure the other women and I would have loved to try it..." I muttered, turning the bar around in my hand and taking notice of the dirt and splinters that now stuck to its surface. "Now I'll never have smooth skin" I wistfully sighed, dropping the soap back onto the ground.

"Like you actually care about that stuff" Zoro rolled his eyes. "Besides, you're skin's already pretty soft..." he mumbled, causing my face to split into a wide smile as my cheeks became dusted a light pink alongside his own.

"Hey, you guys, this isn't safe" Nami pointed out.

"Hey, that's what I was just thinking earlier" I said.

"No, we'll be fine!" Usopp laughed before suddenly smashing straight into Luffy's back.

"Luffy!" Chopper gasped when the rubber man went flying off the ship.

"You're such an idiot!" Zoro frowned.

"Gum Gum Bungee Jump!" Luffy quickly stretched his arms to grab onto the ship's figurehead and hurl himself back up on deck before he had a chance to hit the water's surface. "Move back, you guys!" he shouted as he came flying toward Nami and Sanji.

"Move!" Sanji knocked Nami to the ground just as Luffy shot past them and straight into Nami's room. I couldn't help but flinch at the loud crash that followed. "Are you hurt anywhere, Nami dear?" the blond worriedly asked once everything had settled down.