Chapter One Hundred and Seventy Eight [Rewritten]

-Chapter One Hundred and Seventy-Eight-

"Get them while they're distracted!" Nami shouted as she threw the two dodgeballs that had rolled over toward us to Zoro and Sanji. "Give them a good one for me, Sanji!" she cheered.

"Yeah! I'll show them the power of our sweet love!" Sanji swooned.

"Don't fuck it up, Zoro!" I grinned.

"Great motivation speech you got there!" Zoro laughed as I happily waved.

"Here they come—you might want to clear out of here!" Jube instructed as everyone quickly backed away from the two. Hamburg picked the unconscious Foxy up and quickly backed away as well just as Zoro prepared to throw his ball.

"Hey, take it easy, we're still warming up here!" someone on the opponent's side nervously shouted as Sanji started to twirl his ball around on the tip of his finger. Winding his arm back, Zoro was the first to throw his ball—grinning as he watched how it hit about nine people. Pretty soon after he had thrown his ball, Sanji kicked his and hit around the same amount of people as the swordsman.

"Eighteen members of Team Foxy are hereby eliminated for getting knocked out of bounds!" one of the referees called as he counted those that had been struck.

"Way to go!" Nami cheered.

"Good job, honey!" I chirped, causing the swordsman's grin to grow as he puffed his chest out in pride. I couldn't help but breathlessly chuckle upon seeing how pleased he looked to hear such praise even as his cheeks grew a little warm at the endearing term I used.

"What a show from the Straw Hats! The chef and swordsman both blew nine players out of the field!" Itomimizu gawked.

"Damn! I thought I'd get more than you..." Sanji grumbled.

"Yeah, knock them dead, Sanji! Knock them dead, Zoro!" Usopp cheered as Chiqicheetah made a grab for the two balls that had rolled onto the opposing team's side of the court.

"Pardon me" Robin politely smiled, using her Devil Fruit powers to grab the two balls before the cheetah and toss them back over to our team.

"Wow! Do you think we can take out nine people too?" Chopper innocently asked as he caught the ball tossed his way.

"Nine? I'll do ten!" Luffy grinned, catching his own ball as Chiqicheetah hastily shot behind his crew—quick to look for protection the minute he saw the dangerous glint in our captain's eyes. Slamming his feet into the ground, Luffy buried them deep into the soil as he stretched his arms as far back as he could. "Gum Gum Slingshot!" his arms rocketed forward, sending the ball in his hands flying toward the people on the other side of the court, taking out ten people just like he said he would.

"Out of bounds! Ten members of team Foxy are eliminated!" a blond referee called.

"Oh yeah! That's a new record!" Luffy happily cheered.

"He's certainly having fun" I softly chuckled, gaze softening at the sight of how ecstatic our captain looked.

"Yet another strong showing from the Straw Hats—they're thinning out the competition, but Team Foxy finally has a ball" Itomimizu said as Hamburg placed Foxy on his back and picked up the dodgeball.

"Let's see how many I can knock out" Chopper said.

"Go on, Chopper—even the score! Nine, ten, eleven, or even more!" Usopp cheered.

"You can do it!" I encouraged.

"Sure, you got it!" Chopper nodded as he threw the ball which struck down a lot of people on its way toward Hamburg. Sadly though, the monkey caught it the minute it struck his stomach—allowing the force of the impact to carry him all the way to the out-of-bounds line, yet stopping just before he could officially cross it.