Chapter Forty Seven [Rewritten]

-Chapter Forty-Seven-

"I should, but you did just save my life" Smoker eventually sighed, lowering his Jitte. "Go, this is the only time I'm letting you Straw Hats off—got it? When we next meet, it's going to be as enemies" he huffed, bringing a smile to my face.

"There they are!" a sudden shout made us aware of the group of Marines that were now running toward us. This sudden turn of events was enough to make Zoro laugh as he shook his head. "Reinforcements have arrived, Captain Smoker, hold on!" the Marine shouted followed by even more shouting from the others.

"Don't let them escape!"

"Cut them off!"

"Well, that's our cue, Vivi" Sanji sighed. "Which way to Alubarna?" he asked, turning to the princess.

"That way" she answered, pointing in the direction that we needed to go. "To the east—across the desert" she said, the first to take off running with the rest of us quick to follow.

"They're running away, hurry!" a Marine shouted from somewhere behind.

"Luffy, come on—what are you doing? Aren't you coming?" Zoro asked, slowing to a stop and looking back at the captain once he realized that he wasn't moving to follow us.

"Better hurry or you'll get left behind" I called back while casting a glance back as well.

"Yeah" Luffy nodded before looking toward Smoker.

"They won't escape us men!" a Marine growled, causing the rest to cheer in agreement.

"Hey, you're not such a bad guy, Smokey" Luffy happily chuckled, causing Smoker to become rather flustered by his statement.

"Would you get the hell out of here, Straw Hat!" he angrily snapped in embarrassment, widely swinging his Jitte down at Luffy who only dodged the attack before finally, he took off running after the rest of us.

"You know what? He really isn't that bad of a guy for a Marine" I chuckled, causing the captain to burst out laughing.

"I know, right?" he agreed before gaining speed so that he could take the lead.

"Hurry, those Marines are hot on our heels!" Usopp worriedly shouted.

"Alright, guys!" Luffy exclaimed. "We got lots to do, so we're not going to stop until we get to Alubarna—are you with me?" he asked.

"Yeah!" we cheered.

"I see them—after them!" one of the Marines ordered as they continued to give chase.

-Later-

"Hey, please tell me you guys aren't planning on running all the way to Alubarna" Usopp tiredly panted once we finally shook off the Marines.

"We got Eyelash—just where the hell is that stupid camel anyways?" Nami frowned as she now looked around in search of the camel we had been using.

"We lost him like a long way back and you're just now wondering where he is?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Well, I didn't notice he was missing 'til just now" she quickly defended.

"It's a camel, how do you not notice something that big missing?" I questioned.

"Well, excuse me for not keeping up with an animal that isn't really my pet" she huffed before giggling the moment she heard me snort.

"You're greatly excused, madame" I grinned as she playfully rolled her eyes in response.

"I hope he's close by—doesn't this town have a stable?" Luffy asked. "Let's get some horses" he suggested.

"But the whole town is crawling with Marines" Vivi argued.