Chapter Thirteen [Rewritten]

-Chapter Thirteen-

"Ah! I forgot about the crumbs!" Luffy shouted in a panic before quickly covering his mouth as if to both hide the evidence and shove the words he had foolishly spoken back down his throat.

"I knew it was you!" Sanji angrily snapped.

"Oh, ow..." I winced at the rough kick the captain received to the face which instantly sent him flying backward and into the wall.

"Jerk" Sanji irritably huffed before turning to look up at Nami and Vivi. "Hey, Nami, we need to do something—we need a better way of keeping the food safe from Luffy, can we please buy a refrigerator that locks?" he asked as little puffs of smoke in the shape of hearts now drifted from the end of his cigarette.

"Well, maybe" Nami mulled over the suggestion, her eyes still scanning the map in front of her. "Might be a good idea since it could be a matter of life and death..." she mumbled, lowering the map and looking towards Usopp, Carue, and Chopper. All three of them at a glance were peacefully fishing if you were to ignore the sound of chewing that could be heard coming from their direction.

"Well, we do need to catch something for Sanji" Usopp nervously argued as Carue quaked in agreement.

"So, how's the fishing going?" Sanji calmly asked as he walked up behind the three and rested his hands atop both Usopp and Carue's heads which caused the two to immediately tense up.

"Well...um...it's...um..." Usopp struggled before crying out in pain as his, Chopper, and Carue's heads were harshly smashed against one another without any warning.

"That's got to hurt" I hissed as my nose scrunched upwards into another wince.

"Pathetic, I can't take my eyes off anyone..." Sanji grumbled as the three fell over.

-Later-

Leaning over the railing from my spot between Luffy and Usopp, shifting just the slightest bit in discomfort upon hearing Luffy's tummy rumble.

"Whoa, I'm hungry" he moaned as he removed one of his hands off the fishing pole he was holding to place it over his now growling stomach. "And to make matters worse, the fish aren't even biting" he whined.

"I mean, when are you ever not hungry" I chuckled.

"Tell me about it—you do realize that this is all your fault?" Usopp frowned as he loudly huffed in annoyance. "You ate all the bait that we had, the fish won't ever bite if we don't give them a reason to!" he snapped.

"You...you ate all the fish bait?" I questioned in disgust as I looked to the captain.

"Hey, he ate some too!" he quickly defended as he childishly pointed towards Usopp.

"Yeah, but I only ate a little bit—what was stuck to the lid..." the sharpshooter mumbled as he too was quick to defend himself.

"Why would you even do that?" I gagged at the thought. "Surely you weren't that hungry" I argued.

"Hey now, it wasn't that bad" they both now defended as I shook my head and stuck my tongue out in disgust.

"I don't care if it tasted good—it's disgusting! What if you two get sick?" I frowned.

"Hey, guys" Vivi suddenly cut in as she wandered over and, thankfully, disrupted the current conversation we were stuck in. "How's it going?" she asked.

"Uh...not good..." I muttered as I leaned fully over the railing and peered down at the substitute "bait" the two had decided to use.

"Catch anything yet?" the princess questioned.