Chapter One Hundred and Fifty Five [Rewritten]

-Chapter One Hundred and Fifty-Five-

"There's nothing to worry about—we're full-fledged pirates and pirates don't get scared even when they're left at this spooky abandoned dock by themselves" Chopper assured himself.

"That's right, we're brave little pirates" I chuckled, leaning back and watching as he anxiously paced back and forth. It was cute how he seemed to just lump me right in with him as if to reassure himself that he wasn't the only one currently scared about being left here all alone in this abandoned dock. I didn't dare correct him nor let him know that I was unbothered by our current location—no, I instead let him continue to march to and fro as he quietly mumbled to himself words of assurance that he wasn't alone in his fear and that he was a brave pirate just like the others. "Hm?" I soon perked up to the sound of an engine approaching.

"Chopper! Skylar!" Nami shouted as she rode toward us on her waver.

"Nami! Sanji! Thank goodness—oh!" Chopper flinched as if he just remembered he wasn't supposed to be afraid. "I mean, I didn't get scared while Skylar and I were guarding the ship all alone!" he wobbly cried as he clung to my leg, tightly clutching it in a deathlike grip that he didn't let up until I comfortably patted the top of his head.

"That's right, he was big and brave the entire time" I nodded. "Anyway, it's nice to see the two of you safe and sound" I waved.

"It's nice seeing your beautiful smile, Skylar!" Sanji cooed, causing me to only nod and smile.

"Luffy and the others aren't back?" Nami questioned when she noticed just how empty the deck was.

"No, we've been alone this whole time..." Chopper whimpered.

"I wonder where they are..." Nami murmured in thought.

"I'm actually getting worried—I would have thought they'd be back here long before you two" I frowned. "You don't think they got caught, do you?" I worriedly asked.

"Something must have happened to them" Sanji said, clearly thinking along the same lines as me that there was a high chance something had gone wrong with the others during their mission to retrieve the gold.

"And the gold too" Nami worriedly added, causing the blond to nod. "I'm going to go look, okay" she called up to Chopper and me.

"Day with Nami: Part Two!" Sanji excitedly grinned, hearts floating all around him as he seemed rather quick to cling to the ginger inside the waver once more.

"Well at least someone's happy..." I sweat dropped, resting my hand atop Chopper's head when I felt him tighten his hold on my leg once more as he started to cry upon realizing that we were both going to be left alone in this creepy place once again.

"Sanji, stay here—I need you on the ship" Nami suddenly ordered, causing Chopper to sigh in relief as he brightened at the knowledge of having someone else here alongside us—someone who was admittedly a lot stronger than the both of us. I had no shame in admitting that Sanji was a lot stronger than me seeing how he was practically on par with Zoro. Only a fool would get upset at such an obvious truth.

"That's alright! Now I get to spend time with you, Skylar my dear!" Sanji happily cheered, not at all bothered by Nami's request for him to stay behind. Instead, he turned that love-struck gaze of his toward me as the hearts around him only seemed to multiply.

"Sounds great" I lazily smiled.

-Later-

"Got any threes?" I boredly asked, lazily looking between Chopper and Sanji as we sat around a pile of cards on the deck. I sighed when Chopper shook his head, already reaching for the deck of cards and drawing one from the top.