Chapter Fifty Six [Rewritten]

-Chapter Fifty-Six-

"But can't he and Zoro just destroy the wall or something?" Usopp asked.

"We can't risk that—it could make the cannonball explode even earlier for all we know" Vivi frowned.

"She's right, we can't just expect these people to patiently wait for the designated time while under attack" I agreed, crossing my arms as I anxiously began to bite my thumb in thought.

"Right, we have no choice but to take the stairs" Vivi nodded, already getting ready to take off.

"No, wait, Vivi" Nami suddenly piped up, stopping the princess in her tracks. "I think I have a better plan" she grinned.

"Eh? The clock's opening up!" I quickly pointed out, gaze flickering towards the movement of the clock's face.

"What?" the others asked, quickly looking upwards as the clock's face fully swung open followed by the sound of laughter.

"So, Mr. Seven" the boisterous voice of a young woman suddenly bellowed. "According to what the boss told us, this is going to be our final mission for Baroque Works!" she cheerily laughed—from what I could see with the squint of my eyes, she looked as if she was dressed like a frog.

"That's right, Miss Father's Day!" Mr. Seven laughed in agreement. "According to plan, we have just thirty seconds left to go!"

"Who are they?" Nami frowned.

"And what's with the ridiculous get-up?" I asked.

"Mr. Seven and Miss Father's Day" Vivi scowled.

"Hey, listen, Mr. Seven" Miss Father's Day said. "I think this is a very important mission that the boss has assigned to us" she concluded.

"I think you're absolutely correct about that, Miss Father's Day" Mr. Seven agreed.

"And do you know what else? I bet we'll get a promotion for pulling this off successfully!" she cheerily chirped.

"I do hope that that is a planned reward" he nodded in agreement. "After all, this is quite a difficult mission when you think about it, Miss Father's Day—we're shooting a cannonball into the ground using such a big cannon, so the reward should be just as big!"

"We need to get this plan underway right now" Nami frowned, quick to start ushering us around with the wave of her hands.

"It's almost time to go now, Mr. Seven" Miss Father's Day chirped.

"We're ready to fire, yeah—fifteen seconds until we shoot" Mr. Seven nodded.

"Cannon aimed at the center of the palace square—fire!" they both loudly cheered.

"Hey, Nami, what the hell is it that you're trying to do anyway?" Usopp grunted, shakily holding me up on his back as I held Chopper—who was in his deer form—on mine while Vivi sat on top of him. We looked ridiculous if I was being honest...like a bunch of circus performers getting ready to do an act while haphazardly stacked atop one another. "We really don't have time to play around, if we mess this up, we're going to die—hey!" he snapped when he saw the ginger wasn't listening to him.

"Thanks, Usopp, but I already know that" Nami lightly growled in irritation, already growing annoyed with the sharpshooter's rambling. "So just shut up and stand there quietly, I'm calculating" she huffed.

"You're shaking" I commented, resting my chin on Usopp's shoulder as I kept my arms wrapped tightly around his neck. Already could I feel my back start to ache due to the pressure of Chopper's hoofs digging into it.