Chapter Ninety [Rewritten]

-Chapter Ninety-

"It's not broken—the Log Pose registers an island with a strong magnetic pull and its needle is reflecting that" Robin explained.

"Huh?" Nami tilted her head, not fully understanding what the older woman was saying.

"What? Are you suggesting that there's an island up in the sky?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Indeed" Robin nodded. "If the needle is pointing towards the sky, then it must be pointing towards Sky Island."

"Sky Island?" we questioned.

"Are you serious?" Nami frowned in disbelief.

"There's a floating island up there?" Luffy questioned as he looked upwards.

"I'm having a hard time believing that" I admitted, also looking upwards as I crossed my arms—struggling to imagine an island so high up in the sky.

"If there is one then it's full of skeletons and rickety old ships" Usopp shivered.

"If that's the case then I wouldn't mind going to it" I chuckled, raising one hand in defense when the sharpshooter swatted at me.

"Of course, you would, you freak!" he snapped.

"That's ridiculous, I don't see anything but the sky" Zoro huffed as some birds flew by.

"That's not exactly how it works—it's not an island above us, but an entire ocean" Robin explained.

"No way!" Nami breathed out in disbelief as Luffy, Usopp, and Chopper started to sparkle in amazement at this revelation.

"I'm still confused" Sanji admitted.

"Yeah, so am I" I nodded as I leaned back against the ship's railing.

"Yeah! Raise the sails and set our course for Sky Island!" Luffy ordered. "Men, are we ready?!" he excitedly shouted.

"Put the rudder down and point the bow high into the sky!" Usopp exclaimed.

"Sky Island!" the two cheered before Robin used her Devil Fruit powers to shut one up and make the other one cry.

"Did it just hit you the fact that, you know, we can't fly and all that?" Sanji asked.

"To tell you the truth, all I know about Sky Island is word of mouth—rumor" Robin confessed. "I've never actually seen it" she admitted.

"So there's no actual proof that it's real?" I questioned.

"Of course, it isn't real because it's nothing more than a lie—islands don't float in the sky" Nami huffed. "Our Log Pose is broken, that's all it is" she said, determined to believe that that really was what the problem was.

"Not quite, Miss Navigator—you're trying to fix something that's not broken when you should be trying to find a way to get to Sky Island, you really need to learn to trust your instruments" Robin pointed out. "No matter how crazy things get or how weird the situation is we find ourselves in, never doubt the Log Pose out here in the water. This is one of the most steadfast and unbreakable rules—what we should be doubting is the common sense we all have that tells us an island cannot exist in the sky on an ocean of nothing" she smiled. "That needle is pointing towards an island, I bet my life on it."

-Later-

"That's disgusting, digging through a dead man's clothes..." Chopper muttered, his nose scrunching up in disgust as he and Nami hid behind the mast and away from the skeleton that was currently sprawled out on deck.