Chapter One Hundred and Fifty Eight [Rewritten]

-Chapter One Hundred and Fifty-Eight-

"Emergency alert! Emergency alert!" Usopp suddenly cried from the top of the crow's nest. "Unknown ship spotted at twelve o'clock!" he warned as he aggressively pointed off in the direction that he had spotted said incoming ship coming from.

"Are they bad guys?" Luffy questioned.

"They picked a bad time" Chopper frowned from his spot sprawled out on the ground.

"Yeah, no kidding..." I grumbled as I sluggishly pushed myself up into a sitting position.

"Well, they don't have a single flag or sail up—I don't know what kind of ship it is" Usopp admitted.

"It's naked?" Luffy frowned.

"How scandalous" I said.

"Who would do that to their ship? What are they doing out here without sails?" Luffy asked.

"How should I know? What's even weirder, the crew is way too small for a ship that size" Usopp pointed out, taking note of just how small the crew truly was compared to the size of their ship. "Also, they look like they're catatonic or something—they're just sitting around in a daze."

"Full speed, Sea Monkeys!" Luffy suddenly screamed as three Sea Monkeys burst from the sea and stared down at our ship with looks of mischief.

"Not again!" I groaned, barely having the energy to fully stand.

"Again?" Usopp frowned.

"They must have followed us!" Zoro irritably growled.

"Aw crap, there's no wind!" Sanji cursed the second he realized there wasn't a strong enough wind at the moment to help up in sailing away.

"Hurry and draw the sails!" Nami quickly ordered.

"Start rowing!" Usopp fearfully cried as he and the rest of the men did just that, pulling out the ship's paddles as they quickly began to row us as far away from the Sea Monkeys as they could.

"What's wrong with them? They're headed toward the Sea Monkeys?" Sanji frowned when he noticed that the ship we had spotted earlier was currently making its way toward the giant wave that was being kicked up by the Sea Monkeys.

"The wave's going to swallow them whole!" Zoro shouted.

"Perhaps they're tired of living and are ready to embrace death" I suggested.

"Don't say something so morbid!" Nami angrily snapped as she smacked the back of my head.

"Ow! It was just a suggestion, woman!" I snapped right back, rubbing the back of my head.

"Hey, wake up! There's a giant wave filled with Sea Monkeys—turn around!" Luffy shouted in warning to the ship sailing past us.

"Huh?" a rather heavy man on the opposite ship perked up, his head looking left and right as if he was trying to locate whoever it was he had heard call out to him and his fellow crew.

"A ship?" another man questioned the minute he finally spotted our ship.

"It's a pirate ship!" the first man gasped in realization as the men of the opposing ship now gathered around in a circle—a few of them already discussing how they were going to raid us. How they were going to kill and steal our belongings right out from under us as if we weren't even really there to begin with. Not all of them thought like that as some seemed far more content with the idea of wanting to escape from the giant wave that was currently barreling towards us.

"Wow! That's got to be the worst crew ever" Luffy remarked as we now listened to the way the men fought and argued with each other—unable to really come to an agreed-upon decision on what they should do.