Chapter One Hundred and Sixteen [Rewritten]

-Chapter One Hundred and Sixteen-

"What's your problem?" Luffy frowned, clearly starting to become annoyed with the way the sharpshooter was acting.

"I'm nervous..." Usopp mumbled in admittance.

"What? No—could have fooled me" I gasped, feigning surprise.

"No need to be so sarcastic about it..." he grumbled, frowning as he shot a small glare my way which I only responded to by sticking my tongue out.

"Yeah, fine—we have somewhere dangerous to go!" Luffy cheered, quick to wave off Usopp's feelings without a care in the world, his excitement seemingly taking top priority as he eagerly began to jump in place at the prospect of going somewhere forbidden. "I can't just sit on this beach and wait for the wind to blow any longer!" without a second thought, he grabbed the broken Sky Waver we had found and jumped off the ship.

"Hey, Luffy, what's that thing you're carrying?" Usopp questioned.

"Isn't that the broken Sky Waver we found?" I asked.

"Oh no, it is, isn't it?" Usopp groaned at the realization that I was right. "You'll get yourself killed!" he snapped at the captain.

"Here I come!" Luffy screamed at the top of his lungs, running straight toward the cloudy ocean, causing Usopp and Chopper to start freaking out.

"Dumbass!" I snapped when he jumped onto the rundown waver, only to instantly be flung right off and into the clouds due to throwing it completely off balance.

"What an idiot" Zoro frowned.

"How could he possibly not know that was going to happen?" Usopp grumbled.

"So...uh...does anyone want to save him?" Chopper asked as we watched our captain slowly sink beneath the clouds and out of sight.

"Let him drown" Zoro, Usopp, and Sanji glared.

"Go out there and get him before he drowns to death" I heavily sighed while lightly smacking Zoro's shoulder. Grumbling, I watched as he dived into the cloudy water and retrieved our idiotic captain.

"Man, you're such a pain, you know?" he grumbled once he resurfaced, now dragging a bloated Luffy back onto the shore behind him. Dropping the captain, he harshly pressed his foot down on the rubber man's inflated stomach, forcing him to spit back up all the water he had accidentally inhaled after sinking.

"Oh look, a rainbow" I whistled as the light that reflected off of the water Luffy was spitting out created a small rainbow.

"So, this is your own waver?" Pagaya asked as he now examined the broken Sky Waver that Luffy had attempted to use. "You should take better care of it" he chastised after getting a good look at its rough condition.

"It's not ours, we found it like that" Usopp explained, making it clear that the waver's damaged state wasn't our fault.

"It's also two hundred years old" I added.

"Would you like for me to look at it?" Pagaya asked. "Assuming it's fixable, I should be able to do that for you."

"How would you know how to fix it?" Luffy curiously asked once he was able to properly speak.

"I'm an engineer who specializes in dial ships, so this I should know" Pagaya answered.

"That's neat" I said.

"Yeah, really—then what are you waiting for?!" Luffy excitedly grinned before he was forced to spit out more water. "Get to work, old man!" he garbled out through the stream of water that he was currently spewing.