Chapter Sixty Two [Rewritten]

-Chapter Sixty-Two-

"She's a real pain..." Mr. Two grumbled. "We need to hurry up and fly the coop!" he firmly ordered.

"Yes, sir! Bon Clay, sir!" his men saluted, following his orders with no complaints.

"You guys need to wake up, we have to run—if we can pass through that point in the south, we can escape" Mr. Two explained. "But if we change course immediately, they'll take us down for sure" he said, sounding quite certain of himself as we only smiled at him in return.

"If you want to go then go—we can't go that way" Luffy told him.

"And exactly why not?" he frowned.

"Mr. Bon Clay, we need to set sail while we still can! There's no more time, sir!" one of his men called out to him.

"We need to be at the eastern harbor, we've got an appointment" Nami explained. "There's no time to go around, we'll go straight through" she informed him.

"Yeah, it'd be rude if we're late" I smiled.

"What? Suicide!" Mr. Two scoffed. "It's ludicrous—is there some treasure you're not telling me about that's worth throwing away your lives?!" he angrily huffed, turning away from us and crossing his arms as he turned his nose up into the air as if to really show us just how frustrated he was with our decision. "Fine, runoff and die..." he bitterly grumbled.

"We have got to go and get one of our friends" Luffy explained.

"So it's for your pal that you'd risk is all?" Mr. Two quickly perked up after hearing this.

"Great Bon Clay!" his men frantically shouted, quickly growing impatient as they began to nervously fidget the longer it took their captain to hop aboard their ship.

"Running away now would be against everything Bon Clay stands for—if we abandon allies who are risking their lives to pick up a friend, could we live with ourselves?" Mr. Two suddenly asked his men. "Listen, guys—Straw Hats too—what I must say is of great importance" I smiled at the words he began to speak before the plan he told us was quickly put into action as his ship finally set sail while ours kept still.

"Ready—full speed ahead!" Nami ordered once the time was right and an opening had presented itself. I couldn't help but feel sad as I watched Bon Clay's ship be surrounded by the Marines and shot down from all angles.

"Bon Clay! I promise you, Bon Clay, we will never forget you!" Luffy cried as we sailed away.

"He certainly was a brave man" I smiled.

"He really was" Luffy happily nodded while wiping his eyes.

"Ah! They're after us again!" Usopp suddenly screamed once he noticed that the Marine ships were once against starting to sail after us.

"Get out of our way!" Luffy angrily shouted as a fight broke out between us and the Marines until eventually, their ships started to go down one by one.

-Later-

"Vivi?" Chopper quietly murmured as he stared out toward the empty docks we were supposed to meet the princess at.

"Forget about it, you heard the speech, that was Vivi's voice without a doubt" Zoro said, referring to the speech that the princess had just given soon after we had arrived at the docks.

"They're just broadcasting the ceremony that's being held in Alubarna, Vivi's already made up her mind not to come here" Sanji added.

"She is a princess and she does have responsibilities after all" I reminded the reindeer. "It was a hopeful thought, but in the end, her people should always come first before us pirate" I wistfully sighed, unable to hide my disappointment that the friend we had made wouldn't be joining us on the rest of our adventure despite knowing that she had a responsibility as royalty to be faithful to her people.