Chapter One Hundred and Ninety Four [Rewritten]

Beginne am Anfang

"Navigator?" Robin questioned.

"Why are you looking at me?" Nami frowned, not appreciating the sudden attention.

"Do you recognize the device you have strapped on your arm?" I asked, motioning toward the Log Pose that was attached to her wrist.

"What's that?" she gasped, surprised by the device she was looking at as if she hadn't even realized it was there in the first place.

"It's called a Log Pose" I answered.

"Your standard compass doesn't work here, so we have to use the island's magnetic fields and that is the tool we use to follow them" Robin explained. "It's the only way it's even possible to navigate the Grand Line" she said.

"Excuse me, Miss" Sanji suddenly spoke up. "But do you have any suggestions on how I can get back to my restaurant in the East Blue? The last thing I need is to lose my job" he said.

"You don't want to do that" Robin shook her head.

"Trust her, it's taken us a ridiculously long time to reach this point in our journey" I said, holding my hand up to stop the blond from even trying to argue with either of us. "Heading back on your own would be utter suicide" I told him.

"Just look" Robin said, motioning for us to look around. "We've been following the Log Pose coordinates for quite some time and they've led us directly to this coral reef-surrounded island."

"You both don't expect me to believe any of this, do you?" Nami frowned. "Why would I possibly travel with a group of people I have nothing in common with?" she huffed, crossing her arms as she began to almost pout—refusing to believe what we were telling her.

"That's why" Robin said, pointing toward the ship's flag

"Your reason's up there" I smiled, motioning in the same direction as Robin.

"Hey, wait...isn't that a pirate flag?" Usopp warily asked.

"You mean we're on a pirate ship?" Luffy blinked.

"I already told you, you're on the Entrapment—Captain Usopp's pirate ship!" Usopp quickly boasted, clearly taking advantage of the situation to build himself up like usual.

"For real?!" Luffy gaped as Chopper tried to hide once again, this time taking refuge beside Nami's tangerine tree.

"You know what's kind of odd, Captain Usopp, the fact that your Jolly Roger is wearing a straw hat" Sanji remarked, quick to take note of the straw hat that the skull of the Jolly Roger was wearing.

"Yeah, explain that, captain" I snorted, crossing my arms as I watched the sharpshooter start to nervously sweat upon instantly being questioned on his lie.

"It is?" Usopp muttered. "Uh...that's because this hat is mine!" he quickly lied as he snatched Luffy's hat off his head.

"Hey! No, it's not—give it back!" Luffy snapped, angrily taking the hat back while almost knocking the sharpshooter over in the process. "You touch my hat one more time, I'll kick your butt to the other side of the ocean!" he threatened, grabbing the front of Usopp's shirt as he yanked him toward him until their noses were touching.

"What's the deal?" Usopp shakily asked. "How could you remember that it's your hat?" he questioned, not understanding how the rubber man could forget everything else outside of his hat.

"I remember alright" Luffy huffed. "This hat is my treasure!" he proudly proclaimed.

"Treasure?" the sharpshooter inquired.

"A friend gave it to me when I was little and it means a whole lot—I swore on this hat that one day I'd become a pirate and gather up my own crew" Luffy explained.

"How sweet..." I smiled, silently chuckling when I saw the fond look on his face as he recalled such a memory.

"Huh? Pirate this, pirate that—who cares?!" Nami scowled. "Although, one thing is for certain now, everything you both told us is a big steaming pile of nonsense! I hate pirates—every stinking last one of them, so why would I be on this ship?!" she sneered. "The only things I love are money and tangerines and I don't see either around here!"

"Hey now, I really don't see any reason for you to be so rude to us" Usopp frowned, not appreciating the ginger's aggressive behavior.

"I mean, considering everything that's happening right now...I can't exactly blame her..." I muttered, scratching my cheek as I found her aggression to be rather justified. She just woke up on a strange ship out in the Grand Line and just found out we're pirates, I'm sure anyone would be just as heated as she is in such a situation. Anger was sometimes just another form of fear if we're being honest.

"Tangerines?" Robin questioned before motioning toward the tangerine tree. "Like those?" she inquired.

"Why are those on a ship?" Nami gaped as the older woman used her Devil Fruit powers to pick a tangerine and toss it toward the navigator. "What just happened?!" she fearfully flinched, not having expected a disembodied arm to just toss her one of her own fruit.

"That tree grew an arm!" Usopp cried out.

"A mystery tree!" Luffy exclaimed.

"Just who the hell are you two?!" Nami angrily snapped—her frustration and fear only seeming to grow.

"Aren't you a bit more curious about that?" Robin questioned, pointing at the fruit in the navigator's hands.

"I can tell when it's one of Bellmere's tangerines! I know them anywhere—but what exactly are they doing here aboard this ship?" Nami frowned as she peered down at the tangerine in confusion, not understanding why her mother's fruit was on a pirate ship of all things.

"As much as we'd like to answer that question for you, we're actually uncertain of all the details" Robin truthfully admitted as I slowly nodded. "If you really want to know, then I suggest you check the Log Book in your room" she suggested.

"If I remember correctly, there's a picture of Bellmere inside of it" I added, recalling the picture of the young woman Nami had once shown me when we got to discussing family one day. I watched as the navigator instantly scampered back toward the women's quarters as if to go and confirm what Robin and I were telling her.

"So then, what exactly is it?" Usopp curiously asked as he watched how Luffy returned to chasing Chopper around after having grown bored of waiting for Nami to return and confirmed that what we had said was the absolute truth.

"It's a talking reindeer!" Luffy laughed as Chopper ran away from him.

"Don't chase it towards me!" the sharpshooter fearfully cried, now running away from the reindeer and rubber man himself as soon as he saw that they were running toward him.

"Reindeer, huh?" Sanji questioned as he lit a cigarette. "That's truly a delicacy right there, especially when it's thinly sliced and slowly simmered with vegetables" he hummed, already thinking about various recipes that involve venison.

"Whoa! You mean we could eat it?" Luffy asked as he finally caught and held Chopper up.

"Isn't this familiar..." I heaved a sigh, suddenly reminded of our first time meeting the reindeer and how the two men had chased him around with the desire to eat him back then as well. I softly chuckled at the memory, shaking my head at how absurd it felt that even with their memory gone, they were still the same as ever.

"Reindeer steak with berry sauce is even better if you ask me" Sanji said, causing the reindeer to start freaking out.

"Then steak it is!" Luffy happily laughed.

"That's enough! I'm no human food, you sicko!" Chopper snapped, growing big as he harshly struck Luffy over the head before swinging his fist toward Usopp, only to miss and hit the mast instead after the sharpshooter ducked down.

"You really shouldn't eat him" Robin said.

"For one, he's a conscious being" I scolded, lightly chastising the two for thinking it right to eat something that was clearly on the same level as intelligent as them. "Also, he's the ship's doctor, so it'd be kind of bad if you ate him" I added, crossing my arms.

"It is?" Sanji blinked in slight disbelief.