Chapter One Hundred and Ninety [Rewritten]

Start from the beginning

"Is that so?" Foxy questioned. "Then how do you plan to beat me if you can't even stand up straight? But never mind, if that's how you want it then I'll just have to pound your face in until you stay down for good!" he rushed the rubber man with a shout. "Megaton Nine Tails!"

"Now, Gum Gum...!" Luffy stretched his arms back before shooting them forward as Foxy began his own attack—the two ready to clash head-on at the same time.

"Such intensity! Both fighters are unleashing a fury of fists at lightning speed!" Itomimizu gaped.

"Go! Slaughter that fox!" Usopp laughed.

"You can do it!" Chopper shouted.

"Finish him!" I cheered.

"So fast, so strong, so brutal!" Itomimizu gawked as the crowd started to roar with utter excitement, all of them eager to see who was going to come out on top.

"Slow Slow Beam!" Foxy shouted the second he realized that he wasn't going to win this.

"Wait...what?" Usopp gawked, shocked when he saw that the beam wasn't hitting Luffy at all.

"He stopped moving" Nami owlishly blinked as Foxy instead seemed to freeze in place.

"Who knew Luffy had such a deviously smart trick up his sleeve" I chuckled, grinning as I watched how the opposing captain's beam was instantly reflected right back at him.

"I...I think Straw Hat is beat?" Itomimizu questioned, unsure what was happening as Luffy suddenly dropped to his hands and knees. "No, wait—he's on his knees, but he's still moving! Unlike our boss who's standing but strangely frozen in place!" he realized.

"How did he...?" Nami tilted her head.

"Oh no, boss!" the crowd worriedly wailed as a shard of glass dropped from Luffy's hand.

"It's a mirror! A piece of mirror has fallen from Straw Hat's hand!" Itomimizu gawked.

"It was stuck in my afro...I got it when I broke the mirror..." Luffy panted as Foxy started to sluggishly move. "Gum Gum..." he swung his arm around and smashed his fist against the opposing captain's face—walking away the minute his arm snapped back into place as the hit slowly started to register on Foxy's face.

"Boss no!" one of the men in the crowd gasped.

"Eight seconds..." Zoro counted.

"Could this be the end?" Itomimizu asked.

"Seven seconds..." Sanji counted.

"To what?" Nami frowned.

"Six..." Robin and I smiled.

"Say it ain't so!" the crowd wailed.

"Five!" Usopp laughed. "Hey, you guys, don't just sit there! Count along with me! Four!" he encouraged as he turned to face the crowd.

"Three!" they chanted, the sharpshooter's excitement instantly infectious as they seemed to almost forget their concern. "Two! One!" the effects of the beam finally started to wear off as Foxy was sent flying high into the sky.

"Yeah!" I loudly cheered, eagerly jumping up from my seat alongside Robin and Chopper.

"He's flying!" the crowd gaped.

"Up goes our boss, high in the sky!" Itomimizu announced.

"Oh no, boss! Come back!" the crowd panicked as I quickly raced down the steps of the stands with Robin and Chopper following close behind.

"Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!" Nami and Usopp cheered as I rushed past them and flung myself at Zoro—arms weaving themselves around his neck as I straddled and clung to him from where he still sat. Brightly did I smile when he reached up and tangled his fingers into my hair before giggling as he smashed his lips against my own.

"And now he finally comes down outside of the battlefield! Ladies and gentlemen, the final round of the Davy Back Fight has come to an end after an epic battle between captains" Itomimizu said as Foxy landed in the water. "Our boss's legendary record of nine hundred and twenty-one wins and zero losses has been broken! Let's hear it for Straw Hat Luffy!" he cheered.

"Stop! That tickles!" breaking mine and Zoro's kiss, I looked toward a laughing Nami who was currently attempting to push back against Sanji who was trying to kiss her.

"Seems you weren't the only one in a celebratory kissing mood" I teasingly giggled, turning back to press my forehead against Zoro's as I gently held his face.

"Yeah, well at least I'm not being a creep about it" he scoffed, causing me to snort as he closed his eyes and leaned into my touch.

"Our boss really lost..." one of the men mumbled in disbelief.

"We've seen it all today, folks" Itomimizu sighed as he started to wrap things up for this round.

"Hey, don't just sit there, guys! The boss needs our help—let's do something!" someone in the crowd shouted.

"You can count me in—let's go!" another nodded.