Chapter One Hundred and Fifty [Rewritten]

Start from the beginning

"Oh please, do hurry!" I clasped my hands together and pleaded, doing my best to hold back a laugh as the two men quickly nodded and climbed up into the air duct to give chase to this intruder of ours.

"Oh, you're awake" Nami perked up when Kobato finally started to stir. "None of that!" she flinched as we hurriedly covered the woman's mouth the minute we saw it open as if she was prepared to release another scream. "I know you want to scream right now, but I need you to stay quiet for a bit" she whispered.

"It wouldn't do us any good if you brought those men back down here" I said.

"Nami, Skylar, we got to get out of here right now" Chopper urged as he came tumbling out of his hiding spot.

"Y-you were big...but how?" Kobato nervously asked as she finally realized that the reindeer didn't look the same as he did when he was helping her to perform surgery.

"Oh, with that—here I'll show you" Chopper offered as he grew big once more. "You see, I ate a Devil Fruit once and that's what gave me the ability to transform" he explained.

"Look, we'd really love to sit and chat and explain to you how Chopper's powers work" Nami said. "But if you haven't already noticed, we're a little pressed for time" she said as the reindeer returned to normal size.

"Yeah, I think it's best we get going before anything else can happen" I nodded.

"It's okay...what a strange day this has become..." Kobato mumbled, holding her head as she thought over the events of today.

"Well, we got to go" Nami said. "It shouldn't take those Marines too long to realize we're not in the ducts."

"Ah! Mr. Deer, wait—hold on!" Kobato quickly shouted, stopping us before we could even think to leave. "Even if you are a pirate and a magical deer, you're still the only person who ever taught me what it truly means to be a doctor, I would really like to find a way to thank you!" she pleaded.

"Oh, that's okay" Chopper assured her. "You don't have to thank me—and for the record, I'm a reindeer" he corrected her.

"Oh gosh, I'm sorry!" Kobato apologized, looking rather flustered by her mistake. "Wait a minute, you three said you needed to get to the docks, didn't you?" she asked.

"Yeah" Chopper nodded.

"That's where our ship is" I said.

"Well, I can show you the way there if you'd like me to" Kobato offered.

"You'll take us there?" Nami questioned.

"That's very sweet of you" I smiled.

"But won't you get in trouble for helping pirates?" Chopper asked. "They'll throw you in the brig for sure if anyone finds out about it!" he worriedly frowned.

"Oh yeah, right..." Kobato mumbled before perking up and clapping her hands together as if she had just gotten the most wonderful idea. "But in the event we get caught, I'll act real scared and tell them you've taken me hostage!" she brightened, looking rather pleased with herself for coming up with such a flawless plan.

"Great!" we nodded, clapping our hands together in agreement with her plan.

"I'm so glad I can be of service—do you have any idea which dock your ship was taken to?" Kobato asked as we rushed down the hallways of the base, all of us pushing in front of us a bed that Chopper was laid on—sheets were thrown over his head in an attempt to hide his unusual appearance from prying eyes. "There are actually a number of docks here and they're scattered all over the base" she informed us, making it clear that the term dock was too broad of a word to use in this instance.

"Well, I can't be certain" Nami admitted. "But judging from where the ship touched down, I have to guess the dock on the western side of the base" she guessed.

"Oh! Then I think I know where your ship may be—Dock Eighty-Eight" Kobato said.

"What makes you think that, doctor?" Chopper curiously asked.

"Well, due to recent budget cuts, a lot of our docks have been shut down" Kobato explained, causing me to raise an eyebrow as I started to wonder what was wrong with this base in particular that their budget was being cut. "Including most on the western side of the base—however, Dock Eighty-Eight is one of the few on that side still operational" she continued. "My father works there, I'm sure that's where your ship is."

"Think that's where Luffy and the others are headed?" Chopper inquired as he looked between Nami and me.

"I hope so or else we're pretty screwed" I said.

"We've got no way of knowing, but I say it's a good bet" Nami nodded. "Plus, thanks to all the commotion they've caused, we got to take advantage of it and get while the getting's good" she grinned, realizing that there shouldn't be too many men guarding the ship if they're all busy running around the base in search of intruders. "Well, Dr. Kobato, Dock Eighty-Eight it is then—lead on!" she ordered.

"Medical emergency, let us through!" Kobato shouted when she noticed that the entrance to Dock Eighty-Eight was being blocked the minute we turned a corner. Only to come to a screeching halt the minute the bed we were pushing smashed into Usopp's back and sent him flying through the air.

"What bad luck..." I muttered, watching as the sharpshooter roughly hit the ground.

"Nami and Skylar dressed as nurses?!" Sanji exploded in a flurry of hearts the minute he spotted the two of us. Zoro's face instantly seemed to flush a bright red as he quickly turned his head the other way and covered the lower half of his face with his hand. I wasn't certain, but I thought I saw a trickle of blood run down his nose.

"Luffy!" Nami and I gasped the second we spotted our captain all tangled up inside a net

"Hey..." he weakly responded, barely having the energy to even lift his head and look our way. There was no doubt the net was possibly made from Sea Prism Stone.

"What the heck?!" Nami gaped at the mass amount of soldiers surrounding the dock, practically blocking our way to the ship.

"Looks like they were expecting us..." I muttered. I guess it made sense for them to come crowding around the ship instead of running all around the base in search of us, even a fool could see that the ship was the first place we would go in order to make our escape.

"Usopp?" Chopper questioned the minute he looked down at the sharpshooter sprawled out on the floor. "Usopp?! They got to him—he's injured!" he tearfully cried as he suddenly grew big and scooped up the passed-out pirate. "He'll die all because of those soldiers!" he angrily wailed.

"Settle down, Chopper!" Zoro and Sanji shouted.

"Kobato?" an older man questioned.

"Lieutenant Commander!" a soldier saluted.

"Identify yourselves!" the Commander demanded.

"What's the matter with you?!" Nami flinched, startled when the doctor suddenly started to scream.

"We've been taken hostage! We're going to die—please save us!" Kobato begged, subtly shooting a wink toward Nami and me before continuing to scream. "It wasn't our fault! We were forced here against our will!" she wailed.

"Kobato...?" Chopper quietly questioned.

"This giant one's a pirate!" Kobato screamed as Nami and I quickly jumped in, our high-pitched screams now mingling with her own to help in making her fear look more realistic and like we really were victims caught up in a mess we didn't belong in.

"Did I miss something?" Zoro confusedly asked.

"Who's that other girl?" Sanji curiously questioned.

"How would I know?" Zoro shrugged.

"We can't afford to go blasting, not with the hostages there!" a Marine shouted, motioning for the men around him to lower their weapons.

"Curse those cowardly vermin!" the Commander growled. "This is why I precisely hate pirates!" he snarled.

"Sir, this must mean that that giant beast is the fake doctor!" a Marine pointed out. "He has to be! Look—he's carrying his crewmate!"