Chapter One Hundred and Forty Five [Rewritten]

Start from the beginning

"Aw! Do we really have to go back already?!" Luffy whined.

"You know, it sounds crazy, but I'm actually going to miss this place" Sanji confessed.

"I think it's time we say goodbye to the White Sea" Zoro said while seated up on the railing that Chopper and I were leaning against.

"Sky Island sure is fun, but scary too" Chopper sighed.

"You can say that again" I hummed, nodding in slight agreement as I thought back to all the things that had happened since our arrival up here. "Felt like we've been up here for ages" I confessed, amazed that not that many days had really passed since our arrival.

"We just go through that gate and there'll be a Milky Road that'll take us to the Blue Sea, huh?" Usopp questioned.

"Wonder if we'll ever visit this place again" Nami wondered aloud.

"Well, you never know" Usopp shrugged, not really getting her hopes up but not really putting them down either.

"I'm sorry, but this is as far as we can go—goodbye my friends" Pagaya waved as he and Conis now ran beside the ship on the puffy clouds while our ship continued to sail onwards—having already gotten off the ship the minute we arrived as if to ensure they wouldn't accidentally get stuck on the ship with us once it got caught up in the current that would take us out of here and back home.

"Take care of yourselves!" Conis smiled with a wave.

"We will, thanks for the escort!" Nami smiled back.

"You've been of great help, we appreciate it!" I waved.

"Conis! Don't forget me, angel!" Sanji cooed.

"Say goodbye to the others for us!" Usopp called back as he said his farewells as well.

"See ya!" Chopper happily waved.

"It was nice meeting you guys, thanks for everything!" Luffy grinned as he sat peacefully in his usual spot up on top of the ram's head.

"No, you got it wrong" Conis shook her head. "We're the ones that should be thanking you—we'll never forget you! Thanks to you all!"

"Goodbye, Conis! Old guy! Furball!" Luffy waved. "Take care now!"

"Bye!" Conis and Pagaya continued to wave.

"Now, tuck in your sails and hold on tight—you're in for a bumpy ride!" Pagaya suddenly warned.

"Right, let's do as the man says" Usopp nodded. "It feels like we're already picking up speed" he noted as he felt the way the ship started to go a bit faster, no longer sailing at that same leisurely pace that it had been before.

"Yeah, and we're sliding down from a thousand feet in the air" Luffy agreed. "Hurry up!" he demanded.

"Aye!" we nodded, quick in setting off to work as we prepared the ship for the drop we were about to experience. But before we could do much, we halted and watched as the South Bird we had caught way back at the beginning of our adventure crashed into Luffy's face. Angrily cawing as he aggressively flapped his wings—it looked as if he was attempting to curse us out.

"What the...?" Usopp muttered.

"Hey, it's that South Bird" I said as the bird continued to kick up a fuss.

"He says don't leave without me" Chopper translated for us.

"Oh, that's the South Bird we brought up with us" Nami realized. "Captain, it looks like the Log Pose has the coordinates for the next island" she said, peering down at the Log Pose on her wrist as we finally began to near the gates of Cloud End.