Chapter One Hundred and Forty Four [Rewritten]

Start from the beginning

"Luffy and the others are still inside and Robin went off by herself" Zoro answered, motioning toward the giant snake beside us as he finally put away his sword—now seemingly done with his training for the time being.

"The snake is still conked out, huh?" Usopp questioned. "He must be really tired" he remarked, looking toward the sleeping overgrown reptile.

"Same" I hummed.

"You'd be too if you danced four days straight—wonder what he was so happy about?" Zoro pondered. "Anyway, I hope they come out soon—when he wakes up, I don't know how friendly he'll be" he admitted, not really liking the idea of sticking around once the snake wakes up.

"Huh? Who? This well-mannered snake?" Usopp asked.

"Easy for you to say, you didn't see him when he was mad" Zoro frowned.

"Well, I'd be mad too if I had someone beating around inside my stomach" I defended, not really wanting to blame the poor creature for its sour attitude after learning that Luffy had been inside it the entire time—punching and kicking at the walls of its stomach.

"He's dangerous" Zoro emphasized as he looked toward me, not really wanting to leave any room for argument.

"So are you, but I still hang around" I shot back.

"Just because you're tired doesn't mean you get to be snarky!" he snapped.

"Huh? Who? This well-mannered snake?" Usopp suddenly repeated.

"Like I said, you didn't see him—just wait until he tries to eat you, you'll see what a pain he can be" Zoro huffed.

"Huh? Who? This well-mannered snake?" Usopp asked once more, now sounding like a broken record stuck on repeat.

"Usopp, are you even listening to me?!" Zoro irritably growled, turning around as his face dropped once he saw Usopp press down on the apex of the Tone Dial he was currently holding. From the opening of the dial came his voice as it once again repeated the same question as before.

"Fooled you with a Tone Dial!" he laughed.

"Ha! He got you good, loser!" I snorted.

"Stop being so stupid! Both of you!" Zoro angrily snapped, causing the two of us to laugh even harder.

"Me, stupid? You're the one that got fooled!" Usopp snickered.

"He's right" I teased, already starting to feel more awake now thanks to all of the excitement that was starting to build up in the air around us. "Took you guys long enough" I said when Luffy and the others finally exited the snake's mouth, now leaving Robin the only one absent from our little group.

"Skylar, my dear—did you miss me?!" Sanji cooed as he came rushing over to my side, his arms filled with gold as hearts danced all around him.

"Yeah, I was just telling Zoro and Usopp how this past hour's been hell without you" I overdramatically sighed, smiling just a little as I watched how the blond swooned. From the corner of my eye, I watched as Zoro rolled his eyes before huffing as he crossed his arms and turned his head the other way as if to pout.

"Come on, Robin, we can't wait too long..." Luffy grumbled, impatiently bouncing in place as his stomach loudly began to growl. "I'm so hungry..." he weakly moaned, body slumping down as we patiently sat there around one another and continued to wait for the raven-haired woman to return.

"Never would have guessed" I said.

"There's not a soul in sight—I got to admit, this is pretty weird" Sanji admitted. "Wonder where all those angels and warriors ran off to and why" he pondered.