Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Six [Rewritten]

Magsimula sa umpisa

"How did we get so high?!" Nami cried.

"I have no idea!" Gan Fall called out from beside us before looking back at his strange bird. "Pierre, don't worry about me—you have to go and save the others!" he urged, causing the bird to nod before he flew right back into the snake's mouth.

"So what are you going to do now that your bird's gone, you weird old man?!" Nami asked.

"My name is Gan Fall! It's Gan Fall!" he snapped.

"I don't care! Just save us!" Nami cried, tears welling up in her eyes until finally...

We hit the ground.

"Ow..." I weakly groaned, eyes spinning as I lay there for a moment in a dizzying pain. "Hey...Nami...you alright?" I eventually called out, shaking my head as I carefully stood up on shaky legs.

"I don't know..." she dizzyingly muttered in response, groaning as she slowly sat herself up.

"That's good..." I mindlessly muttered back, hissing as I rubbed the back of my aching head. Pain instantly blossomed over my entire skull as I touched the tender area that had been struck by debris earlier—the wet sensation of blood smearing over my palm telling me that the wound had reopened.

"Ow! Thanks, mister weirdo..." Nami groaned as she finally stood, rubbing her aching bottom before falling back down as she released a heavy sigh.

"We just got lucky we landed on these clouds" Gan Fall sighed, putting his helmet back on after finally finding it amongst the clouds—must have fallen off at some point when we were falling or maybe when we hit the ground, either one.

"We left Luffy and Aisa behind!" Nami gasped in realization. "I hope they're okay..." she worriedly muttered as she nervously started to chew on her lower lip.

"I hope so too—Gan Fall, didn't you send Pierre to get them?" I asked.

"Yes, Pierre has gone to fetch your friends—and when push comes to shove, he's a very reliable bird or horse" the old man nodded, assuring us both that the other two that had been left behind were in good hands.

"Hey, where did we end up? Where is this place?" Nami asked, looking around as she realized we weren't in the same ruins that we had been in before we were swallowed.

"Well, to be perfectly honest, I have no idea where we are" Gan Fall admitted as he looked around. "But it looks like we've fallen through the clouds" he noted as he helped the ginger to stand.

"Thank you very much" she gratefully smiled.

"I've traveled across all of the Upper Yard in my lifetime, but I've never seen this place before" Gan Fall frowned as he examined the unfamiliar place in slight confusion.

"I mean, it doesn't look too different compared to the ruins from before" I remarked.

"I think the snake is looking for something" Nami suddenly piped up as she watched how the reptile began to frantically slither around the place. Its head twisting and turning as it looked in every direction almost as if it was seeking something out.

"That or Luffy's doing something to bother it again" I said, twisting my body around as listened to the way my bones satisfyingly popped in response to my movements. They sure were stiff today...must have been because of all of the falling. No doubt I'd be sore come tomorrow.

"Yeah, or that..." Nami grumbled in agreement. "But that snake sure is acting strangely—I think it's crying" she frowned as we quickly took refuge behind one of the broken-down walls of the ruins—curiously peering out at the reptile as it soon began to roar with tears in its eyes.