Chapter One Hundred and Ten [Rewritten]

Start from the beginning

"Yep, that's a gate alright" Sanji nodded upon spying the metal gate Luffy and the other two had spotted. It looked no different from your standard gate down below, it even had a sign with the words, "Heaven's Gate," bolted right on top of it.

"And look, that weird cloud we saw is some kind of waterfall—it's coming down on top of those cloudbergs" Nami pointed out.

"Hold on, am I the only one reading this right?" Usopp asked. "Heaven's Gate? What's that all about?" he frowned in confusion. "Sounds like a place you'd go to when you die..." he muttered.

"Quite a fitting name for a place up in the clouds" I said, automatically settling down between Zoro's legs and using him as a backrest as we all sat around one another and started to discuss what we were seeing

"Yeah, well now that you mention it, maybe we are dead—have you ever thought about that, huh?" Zoro grinned.

"I thought Skylar was just joking early when she said that" Usopp whimpered, causing me to chuckle.

"Nah, that was just Nami trying to save your feelings" I playfully teased, causing him to whine.

"Huh, you know, that would go a long way toward explaining this weird place" Sanji slowly nodded as if he was agreeing with the notion that we all were dead.

"But I don't want to be dead!" Chopper fearfully cried.

"No, don't cry—he was only joking" I hurriedly assured the reindeer, quick in wanting to comfort him due to not liking seeing his tears.

"Who cares? We're here, right?" Luffy grinned. "Wherever this gate goes, I'm going!" he firmly huffed.

"Will you get serious?!" Nami snapped as she struck all of the men on top of the head.

"What was that for?!" Zoro snapped right back.

"If you're making a joke, it's not funny!" she growled.

"So why did you hit me?" Chopper whimpered as he painfully rubbed the back of his head.

"Skylar's the one that started it, so why didn't you hit her?" Usopp argued, rubbing the back of his head as well.

"Because she loves me—don't you, darling?" I giggled before quickly raising my hands and squealing when I saw the ginger raise her hand in silent warning.

"Wait—over there! There's someone coming out!" Usopp pointed when a door next to the gate suddenly swung open.

"It's an old woman" I owlishly blinked as a small, old lady came waddling out through the door. In her hand was a strange-looking shell that she held up to her face—it would occasionally flash every now and then as she pressed down on its apex. "Angel wings?" I muttered, raising an eyebrow the minute I caught sight of the two small wings that rested on her back.

"W-what?" Nami sputtered out.

"Look, Skylar's right! She's got wings!" Chopper gaped as he too now noticed the woman's wings as she lowered the shell in her hands.

"Wow! That's what Sky People look like?" Luffy questioned. "She's so wrinkly" he remarked.

"Well, I mean, she's old" I said.

"Um...hello...?" Nami hesitantly greeted as we came to a stop right at the gate.

"I am Amazon, the Heaven's Gate inspector" Amazon calmly introduced. "State your business—sightseeing or other?" she asked

"I...I guess it's kind of like sightseeing?" Nami answered, not fully sure if that was the right response or not.

"I mean, what other reason would we have to be here?" I shrugged.