Chapter Fifty Two [Rewritten]

Start from the beginning

"I don't think so! I've had enough of your tricks—speaking of parties, time to end this one!" Miss Doublefinger glowered as her hair turned into a sea of spikes. "Sea Urchin Stinger!" charging towards us, we quickly backed away from her as the navigator started to rapidly blow out red bubbles from one of the sections of her Clima-Tact. "Now, why don't you both be good little girls for me and die!" she sneered as we jumped out of the way, causing her to crash straight through the building that was behind us.

"If that had been one of us instead of the wall, oh man..." Nami winced.

"Ain't that the truth" I nodded, lowly whistling as I examined the hole the woman had created.

"Since you showed me something interesting earlier, it's only fair that I return the favor" Miss Doublefinger coolly said, her demeanor calm once more as she strutted back out the hole and into the open. Despite her cool demeanor, I was quick to notice the way her features would occasionally twitch with every step she took thanks to her irritated side.

"Now's my chance..." Nami confidently whispered before blowing even more red bubbles out of one of the sections of her Clima-Tact.

"You know, you mocked me earlier because I couldn't get near you with my swords, but I'm starting to feel pretty proud about that wound I gave you" I suddenly grinned. "It's starting to look a little irritated—aw, what's with the look? Did I strike a nerve?" I snickered as the assassin hatefully sneered. "I also see that your cheek's starting to bruise from that punch I gave you earlier—don't worry, my hand's starting to bruise as well."

"Shut up! You may have been able to land those two hits, but I won't let you or the other one land anymore on me!" she snarled. "Spike Spike Doping!" suddenly, she pierced her own spiked-up fingers into her arms and caused them to become very ripped—so ripped, in fact, that they tore right through the sleeves of her jacket. "I told you, your lives are over, didn't I?" she grinned as spikes now produced from her balled-up fists. Drawing back, I dropped to the ground when she suddenly swung at my head before rushing right past me so that she could attack Nami who had backed herself into a corner once again.

"Hey! I was the one that was taunting you—shouldn't you be attacking me and not her? She hasn't done a damn thing!" I snapped before sighing in relief when the ginger dodged out of the way so that the column would be destroyed instead.

"I told you, an assassin eliminates the weak ones first" Miss Doublefinger reminded us. "But, don't worry, you won't be left out for long—Mr. One should have already taken care of that swordsman" she grinned as the building that the column had been holding up gave way upon losing one of its supporters and instantly crumbled down on top of Nami.

"Nami!" I clenched my jaw and waited with bated breath for the dust to settle and when it finally did, I sighed in relief once I saw that the ginger was semi-fine as she looked to still be breathing while she was laid out on the ground. I wasted no time rushing towards her before painfully hissing at the sight of her battered and bloody leg—this was especially true for her ankle. "Shit, that looks bad..." I breathed out.

"Feels just as bad as well..." Nami grunted, tightly gripping my arm as she let me stand her back up.

"Careful" I worriedly frown the moment she let go and stumbled, nearly falling before finally giving me a firm nod to let me know she could stand on her own once she found her balance.

"At least you've proven that you're first-class at something, even if it is running away" Miss Doublefinger mocked as she came walking towards us.

"A cloud—it's small, but it formed..." Nami breathlessly smiled as she looked above the woman that stalked toward us.