Chapter Forty Eight [Rewritten]

Start from the beginning

"Who me? You're saying I'm scared, huh?" Zoro frowned as he stood up to face the blond. "Is that what you're saying—look at me, Fancy Eyebrows!" he sneered, causing the blond to stand up as well.

"That's it! I've had enough of you, you damn moss head!" Sanji growled as the two now got into each other's faces.

"What did you call me?!" Zoro glared.

"You want to go?!" they snapped before clutching their heads in pain as Nami and I struck them out of irritation.

"Cut it out!" the ginger sneered.

"This is stupid, there's no point in fighting each other right now!" I frowned. "Can't you two be mature and at least try to get along for once?" I huffed.

"Calm down, all of you!" Vivi suddenly ordered. "Everyone's frightened, yes, but we mustn't turn on each other—Luffy's counting on us to meet him in Alubarna" she reminded us.

"Yeah, well you seem more on edge than any of us!" Usopp suddenly accused.

"Keep your mind on the rebellion and leave the rest to us" Nami huffed, lightly bonking the princess' head.

"Yeah, there's no need for you to go worrying about us" I agreed.

"Sorry about that, Vivi" Sanji apologized.

"If we tear each other apart, we've already lost" Zoro sighed, sitting up as he rubbed the back of his head. "Damn, you can hit hard when you want to..." he muttered, causing me to chuckle.

"It got you and Sanji to stop fighting, didn't it?" I cheekily smiled, causing him to grumble.

"Alright, that's settled, now let's devote our attention to Alubarna" Nami beamed once things had settled back down. "Full speed ahead, Scissors!" she ordered.

"Huh? Scissors?" Usopp questioned.

"Name for the crab" Nami explained.

"Oh" Chopper said.

"You just made that up!" Usopp frowned.

"Got something better?" Nami defensively asked.

"No, not really" he admitted, causing Chopper to giggle.

"I'll say, Nami, you sure are creative with your names" I chuckled.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" she frowned, narrowing her eyes in suspicion as she tried to determine if I was insulting her or not.

"Nothing really, just means you have a thing for simple yet strange names" I shrugged, not really meaning anything by my remark. "I never would have thought the words eyelash and scissors could be used as a name for an animal" I smiled before giggling when I spotted the blush that now stained her cheeks.

"Well, do you have something better?" she huffed, childishly puffing out her cheeks.

"I don't know—Crabcake?" I suggested with a shrug.

"That's even worse than what I chose!"

"Yeah, I know" I admitted as my smile grew. 

-Later-

"What? What do you mean we can't cross this river?" Usopp frowned.

"Think about it, Moving Crabs our creatures of the desert—they don't take to water" Vivi explained.

"Has everyone gone nuts? It's a crab, they can exist on both land and water!" Usopp stressed. "Guys, this isn't good, this is a serious problem—look" he pointed as he showed us the map. "If we just carelessly spend our energy swimming across the river, we're not going to make it in time! See here? After the river, there's tons of desert to deal with, so if this crab can't make it to the other shore then how are we supposed to run the rest of the way on foot?" he asked.

"We don't have a choice" Nami argued.

"But he's right though—it's getting really late and the thought of running through the desert in wet clothes doesn't exactly sound like the smartest thing to do" I said. "And, of course, we also run the risk of not making it on time" I added.

"Right, we won't make it in time—it's absolutely impossible" Usopp nodded.

"Uh-oh, I can see it—Sandora River straight ahead" Sanji pointed.

"Oh great..." Usopp muttered.

"Help us, Scissors, pretty please" Nami begged.

"And how exactly is he going to do that when he doesn't like water?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I know, Scissors loves dancer girls!" Chopper suddenly pointed out.

"Dancer girls?" I echoed, both eyebrows now raising before furrowing. "Why would a crab love dancer girls?" I asked.

"Will this do?" Nami smiled as she stripped herself of her robe and revealed the dancer-girl outfit she was still wearing underneath.

"Oh, you're still wearing that as well?" I asked as she nodded. "Glad to know I wasn't the only lazy one that didn't want to change before we left the ship" I hummed.

"That'll probably work" Chopper nodded.

"Oh, I can't take it!" Sanji loudly swooned as he and Eyelash now fawned over the navigator. Scissors also started to fawn over her the minute he caught sight of her in her dancer outfit.

"He's looking this way, we're accelerating!" Chopper cheered.

"Nami-swan!" Sanji cooed.

"Great, now we got two animals in heat..." Zoro grumbled.

"I do believe you mean three animals, good sir" I laughed. "Although...it is rather discomforting knowing that animals can be just as perverted as humans" I frowned, unnerved by just how sexually charged the animals had become over the sight of a pretty human woman.

"I find it uncomfortable just how perverted that cook can be" Zoro scoffed.

"Well, I mean, you aren't any better either" I teasingly grinned.

"Oi!" he snapped.

"Alright, we're moving!" Chopper cheered as the crab started to move a lot faster compared to before.

"And what exactly has this solved, Chopper? Nothing!" Usopp snapped.

"Go faster!" Chopper ordered, ignoring the sharpshooter's snippy remark. "He did it!" he laughed the minute the crab started to run across the surface of the water.

"I'm seeing it, but I don't believe it—this crab is amazing" Sanji whistled.

"Yeah, no kidding" I nodded, amazed by how fast the crab was moving as his feet skittered across the water's surface.

"Way to go! Now don't stop—just keep going!" Usopp cheered. "Hurry, run! Run! Run all the way—go! Keep moving! Nothing can stop us now—oh, I love this crab!" he praised. "Hey, wait a minute, what's going on? If I didn't know any better, I'd say we were sinking" he owlishly blinked as the crab started to slowly sink downward into the water before finally, we were completely submerged under the water. "You stupid crab..." he bitterly grumbled the second we emerged from under the water.

"Yeah, I kind of figured that wasn't going to last too long" I said, hitting the side of my head in an attempt to knock out the water that had gotten into my ear.

"It's over..." Zoro grumbled, grabbing Chopper and flinging him over his shoulder before he started walking. "No use whining about it, just keep moving" he eventually sighed.