Chapter Twenty One [Rewritten]

Start from the beginning

"Let me know if I can help" Ace suddenly offered from beside him.

"No, you're our guest, so just sit back and relax—thanks though" Sanji smiled, turning down the man's offer with a dismissive wave.

"You really did a number on them" I whistled as I shifted in my seat and leaned over the table to get a good look at the knocked-out bodies that currently laid beaten and crumpled up on the floor in a messy pile of limbs.

"Alright" Ace nodded before letting his gaze drift. "You're Skylar, right?" he asked, seemingly deciding to strike up a conversation as I leaned back into my seat.

"Last time I checked, yeah" I nodded, smiling at the small chuckle he gave. "How are you liking the crew so far?" I asked.

"Leave it to my bro to gather himself quite the cast of colorful individuals" he hummed, slowly nodding his head in thought.

"I know, we're practically four colors away from a full rainbow—three if you include Vivi" I grinned, drawing a snort from him in the process. My attention was soon dragged away from the man beside me the moment I heard the clicking of glass. "Well, Sanji, it looks like they finally took your advice in helping" I sweat dropped the second I spotted Luffy and Usopp hunched over the mop bucket where they were currently cleaning a bunch of dishes.

"Huh? That's mop water, you idiots—we just swabbed the deck with it!" the blond snapped when he finally caught sight of what the two were doing.

"Leaving?" Ace asked the moment I shook my head and stood.

"Yep" I said, giving a content sigh as I stretched out my arms above my head. "But you be sure to stay and enjoy the show" I smiled with a wave as I exited the kitchen and made my way out onto the deck. "Getting in some last-minute training, I see" I said upon spotting Zoro, watching as he swung that big weight of his around while casting a look of sympathy towards Chopper who was currently sprawled out on the stairs. The poor guy looked as if he was melting as he desperately tried to find a moment's relief in the breeze that was being created by the swordsman's swinging weight.

"Oh, there you are" Zoro said, stopping for a second which in return caused the dying reindeer to whine in protest.

"Yes, here I am" I said, plopping down beside Chopper on the stairs as Zoro went back to his training. Loudly did the reindeer sigh in contentment as the rush of cool air from the swordsman's swinging weight returned. "I was just hanging out in the kitchen" I said.

"With the cook?" he suddenly and rather bitterly asked, eyes narrowing as if the thought of me being alone in the kitchen with Sanji was the worst thing he could imagine.

"Hey now, Ace was there too, so there's no need to get jealous" I said, watching as his cheeks suddenly grew flushed.

"I'm not jealous!" he snapped. "I just don't think it's a good idea for you to be left hanging around alone with that weirdo" he huffed.

"Sure" I grinned, dragging out the word with a teasing tone. "You know, you're adorable when you're jealous" I chuckled, causing him to grumble in response as he blush grew even darker.

-Later-

Impromptuly did we dock under the insistence of Vivi.

"Well, I did know that Crocodile was here in Alabasta, but him trying to steal the kingdom sounds like a bad joke because why would a pirate drop anchor in one spot and settle down?" Ace asked after being given a rundown of our situation, watching as the princess gave clear instructions to Carue on what to do and where to go as she gave him the letter she had written. "Crocodile trying to take the throne of Alabasta doesn't make sense" he admitted, struggling to understand the Warlord's motives.