Chapter 10

* Lia's POV *

When I picked up my gaze from the menu, I looked up at Carter, and just like before, he was already looking at me.

He smiled and reached for my hand across the table. I held his hand and looked down, trying not to blush so much.

"You look so pretty when you smile Lia. You should smile more often." Carter said after a while.

"Thanks. I like that little side dimple you have." I giggled.

Bruno brought us our waters, then he asked if we were ready to order.

Carter looked at me and I nodded.

"Yes we are. I'll have a chicken flatbread, and she'll have-" Carter started ordering.

"I'll have the fettuccine Alfredo." I said quietly.

"Okay, I'll be right back with your orders. Mean while, there's a salad bar right outside the room, there's bread sticks there as well. You guys are welcome to serve yourselves." Bruno smiled.

"Thanks Bruno." I said happily.

He nodded and left with out orders.

"Want to go to the salad bar?" Carter asked, half way out of his chair already.

"Sure. Let's go." I said as I stood up and held his hand.

We grabbed a plate of salad and some bread sticks and headed back to our table. We sat down and started eating. Out of nowhere I thought out loud.

"Carter, why me?" I blurted out.

"What do you mean?" He asked puzzled.

"Well I mean, there's at least 100 prettier girls at our school, why did you choose me?" I asked curiously.

"That's easy, those girls have beauty on the outside, but on the inside they're full of themselves. They crave attention. They don't care about anyone or anything. And well, then there's you. Beautiful on both the inside and outside. You don't wear 20 pounds of make up daily, you don't need it. I've seen you, naturally without make up and you still look breathtakingly beautiful! You don't try to be the center of everything, you try your best to help others. I guess you can say, I like you because, you're original. You're not with me, cause of my fame, like they would. And I appreciate that." Carter confessed with a smile.

"Wow.. That's the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me." I said as I tried to hold in the tears.

"You deserve to hear that everyday of your life! And I can assure you, that I'll try my best to remind you on a daily basis." He said with a cute side smile.

"Here we are. A chicken flat bread for Mr. Reynolds and a fettuccine Alfredo for Mrs. Reynolds. Is everything alright? Do you guys need anything else?" Bruno wondered.

* Carter's POV *

Bruno just called her Mrs. Reynolds and she didn't correct him. She just smiled. Tonight has been a dream come true. I kissed her, and she called me babe, TWICE. I really like her, I've been falling for her hard this whole past week. I want to ask her to be my girlfriend. But I don't know if I should...

* Lia's POV *

"We're fine for the moment Bruno, thank you." I smiled as I set a napkin on my lap.

"Bon appetite." Bruno smiled as he bowed and walked away.

"Let's eat." Carter chuckled.

I simply smiled and started eating. After about an hour, we finished eating. My phone vibrated, I checked, it was a text from Cam.

Cammie 📱

I'm going to wait up for you, I have something to tell you..