Little Shiro & Space Mice: Discovery

Shiro flopped onto his bed, curling up into a ball. He let his breath normalize as the space mice hopped on as well. He hasn't had a good day. It was stressful and he felt on the verge of crying. Not just that but he felt like slipping. The urge was so strong but he knew he couldn't. He opened his eyes and saw them looking at him worriedly. He huffed and rolled onto his other side. He felt little. But that was dangerous. He hadn't slipped since before Kerberos Mission. Being the Champion, now a stressful paladin, didn't help. They were in the middle of war for gods sake! The others looked up to him. They couldn't see him in this vulnerable space, he didn't want to seem weak.

The space mice seemed upset that he turned away from them. They ran on top of him and poked his cheek and hair. He let out a whine and put Chulatt off his head and onto his pillow. Chulatt ran back over and bumped Shiro's nose with his head.

"Shoo," he said, moving Plachu onto his bed. The mice looked at each other, seeming not knowing exactly what to do.

Suddenly, Shiro sat up. Which was okay for Platt since he was on his way to get off his head. But Chuchule toppled off his head and began to fall off the bed. Luckily Shiro snatched him and held him in his hand as tears filled his eyes.

"I sowwy! I sowwy, I sowwy, I-"

Shiro couldn't hold his tears in as some slipped out. He had had a stressful day, this didn't make him any better. Chuchule ran off his arm and onto his shoulder, nuzzling his neck. Shiro didn't mean to almost hurt his friend! But he also didn't want them to stay. Then they'll descover his secret. What if they tell Allura? What would Allura think? Would she tell the others? All these thoughts flooded the small boy's head as he brought his knees to his chest. Platt and Plachu ran out of the room to go get something. Chulatt ran to Shiro's feet and hopped on them, nuzzling his ankle with his head.

They stayed like that for a few minutes until Platt and Plachu came running back into the room. Only this time they had a white lion stuffie with them. It had a mane, and was a normal stuffie size. They might of also stolen it from Allura's room. It wasn't like she used it anymore. She hasn't touched it since she was six. They struggled to go onto the bed with it but Shiro's help they made. They put the lion to his side and waited. Shiro stared at it for a second before looking at the two.

"For me?" he asked in a quiet voice. The mice squeaked in response and moved it closer to him. Mainly Platt, Plachu fell on his face when it moved without him. Shiro picked it up and hugged it, a smile forming on his face. "Tank ch-"

"Shiro!" Keith knocked on the door, making Shiro flinch and frown. "You promised to teach me that new move!"

Shiro struggled to find his big kid voice but responded, "Be right there!"

The mice all looked at each other as Shiro put them, and the stuffie, on the bed. He took some deep breaths while closing his eyes, trying to get out of his headspace. The mice just watched him, a little confused about what just happened.

"Don't tell anyone, please," Shiro whispered to them before he opened the door and left.

The mice didn't like that he left one bit. Shiro seemed happier, sad still yes, but near the end he was. He seemed let lose. Like he could breath for one moment without all these horrible thoughts filling his head. They might not know what just happened with him but one thing was decided:

They wouldn't tell anyone, and they would stay with him while he was like that.

&&&

The next month this went on and off. Whenever Shiro slipped the mice had a way of knowing and would travel to his room. When he hadn't slipped and was training overtime instead of relaxing or sleeping the mice would glare at him until he went to his room and would cuddle with them and his stuffie. The others noticed the friendship growing between the mice and their leader. But when Allura asked about it, the mice refused to acknowledge her. And when they asked Shiro he just shrugged it off.