Little James & Lance: Shy

I just really wanted to do a little James and caretaker Lance one and this was the only thing that came in mind at 2 in the morning.

"Do you want something to eat, James?" Rosa asked, Lance's mother. James looked at Lance for permission. Lance chuckled at his baby's shyness and kissed his cheek.

"He's hungry, Mama," Lance said as Rosa ruffled James's hair. "Whatcha want, Baby?"

James shrugged and fiddled with his hands. He didn't like being on a spotlight when small. And he was small at someone else's house, which made him scared and nervous. He was a normal visitor at the McClain's house but he still felt like an outsider at times. And it was only his 2nd time being small here, everyone was pretty accepting though.

"Sweetheart, is there something you want?" Lance asked again. James whined and pushed his head against Lance's chest. Lance looked at his mother and smiled. "Give us a moment?"

Rosa nodded and walked back into the kitchen. Mateo looked at them and then ran into the kitchen to help his Mama with cooking. Lance cupped James's face and looked at him.

"Is something wrong, Hun?" Lance asked in a soft caring voice, making James frown.

"Nu," James shook his head.

"Just shy?" James nodded. "Don't worry, Tarta pequeña(Sweet cake). Mama's very accepting about little you. In fact once you get comfortable here she promised me that she'd spoil you-"

"Nuuuuuuuuu!" James whined, making Lance laugh. James didn't like it when people did stuff for him. He especially didn't want Rosa to do stuff for him! She was really nice, James quite liked her.

"Well then we'll work on that. But what do you wanna have for a snack?" Lance asked, booping his baby's nose. "We have cookies, and chips, and some other junk foods I think you'd like. Is there anything you'd like?"

"Dunno," James shrugged, making Lance's smile widen.

"I'll ask Mama if she can get you some cookies," Lance said, putting his finger against his lip as James tried to protest. "Ah, no no. She won't mind at all. Trust me. In fact I'm sure she'd love to get you something sugary."

James pouted but nodded his head, laying his head on Lance's shoulder. Lance moved James onto his lap and brushed his hair.

"Mama!" Lance called out, his Mom's head popping into the room. "Can he have something sugary? Like a cookie or something?"

"Of course, Hun," Rosa nodded, going back into the kitchen.

James frowned and clutched onto Lance, a bit embarrassed. Lance didn't need to ask his mom that. Lance hugged James back and layed on his back, cuddling his baby.

"Shy?" James shrugged. Lance scratched his head and kissed his cheek as James looked at him. "How about later we go on a drive, hmm? That would be fun, wouldn't it?"

"Fun," James agreed, playing with the cloth on Lance's shoulder. He layed his head back on Lance's chest and listened to his heartbeat.

If you know where Rosa and Mateo are from and they're also one of your favorites I like you. You are now my friend.