Little Keith & Thace: Animals

Keith crawled over to his bed and grabbed his teething ring, putting it into his mouth. Thace was sitting a few feet away, simply watching the new recute. He was doing a little bit of late work but nothing much. Keith was mostly watching after himself. But he had made a huge mess with his toys. He had a habit of going from one toy to another in a minute or less. It wasn't until Thace left someone tug on his pant leg that he looked down at the boy.

"Yes?" Thace asked, putting his work away.

"Upppies!" Keith said, making grabby hands towards him. Thace picked the boy up and Keith giggled. He touched Thace's pulled harshly on them. He had a habit of ripping things apart.

"Agh! Keith, no," Thace said, removing Keith's hand from his ear. Keith frowned but then tried to go for Thace's hair. Which Thace also stopped him for. "How about we go do something fun?"

Keith looked up at him with a questionable look as Thace dug through the diaper bag the BOM made for him. He grabbed out a stranger toy. It was rough and a circle. But it was also shaped like a square at the same time. It was bright green and was glowing. Thace threw it in the air and Keith gasped as Earth animals started running around. They were holograms. Keith slid off of Thace's lap and tried to touch one of them. The feeling wasn't the worst when his hand went through a dolphin. He giggled and pointed at a parrot that was flying around.

"Birdy!" Keith exclaimed. Thace smiled at how amused the young one was.

"Yeah, I believe it's a parrot," Thace nodded. Pidge had helped them make this. It was a gist for Keith since he liked animal books.

"Par! Par!" Keith chanted, trying to grab the animal. He wasn't anywhere close to getting it. Yet he giggled again as a group of fish swam around him quickly. "Fishy!"

Thace watched Keith play with the animals for a little while more until Keith crawled over to him. He tugged on his hand, wanting him to come over. Thace got up and picked Keith up, which really gave Keith a height advantage for the animals that flew.

"Pidge!" Keith said, pointing at a pigeon flying by.

"I think you're friends more of an owl," Thace said, pointing at the brooding owl in the corner. Looking like it was about to attack anything that came near it. Keith laughed and nodded.

"Eppo!" Keith squealed, trying to move down as he saw a small hippo running up towards them. Thace let him down as Keith squirmed more. Letting out a very happy squeal as the hippo started circling around him.

So this was what a hippo was? Thace had heard Keith talk about how dangerous and cool they are, but it didn't seem that bad. Thace sat a few feet away as Keith continued to play with the animal. Just simply watching his son play with a huge smile of his face. Even Thace had a smile.