Little James & Shiro: Fort

Shiro walked down the halls of the Atlas. It was a calm morning, unlike the other ones. The Atlas was quite cold and it was pretty quiet. He thought of going back to his room. He kept on deciding against it and not deciding against it. Eventually he decided to just go back to his room. Most of the paladins were waking up by now, since it was 5 AM, or going to go wake up another paladin. Shiro did enjoy his quietness while it lasted though.

Shiro turned the corner but quickly hid when he saw James at his room. It looked as if he was going to knock but then backed down. He seemed nervous as well. He kept stretching side to side, or walking in circles if he wasn't in front of the room. There's a chance that he slept in his binder again for the first one. But he wouldn't do the second one unless he was scared to do something.

"Mr. Griffin?" Shiro asked, finally turning the corner instead of peaking. James didn't react to the noise until a few seconds went by. He jumped and snapped his head at him. "Is something wrong?"

"Uh- N-No Cap'n," James said, shaking his head as he tried to back away. Unfortunately Shiro grabbed his wrist with his floating arm. James knew there was no escape now. So instead he just looked to the wall, trying to avoid eye contact.

Shiro took notice of the word Cap'n. It wasn't a for James would use unless he was small. Normally big him called him Captain or Sir. Shiro tried to encourage both little and big him to just call him Shiro, like everyone else did. But James had too much respect for the guy. Shiro's eyes softened as he stood in front of him. James was around to his nose so Shiro was technically looming over him.

"Hey, what's wrong? I know somethings up," Shiro said. James looked up at his and opened his mouth. But no words came out. He quickly shut up and looked to the ground. "James? Cadet what's wrong?"

"Nuting!" James pipped, trying to run away. Luckily Shiro's arm was still holding his wrist.

"James, I don't mean to be rude or intrude, but are you slipping?" Shiro asked cautiously.

Shiro was the only one who knew that James was a little. He usually let James use his room when he was small, which was probably why James was here. But that doesn't mean that James wasn't shy. He was full on energy when his captain wasn't there, but when he was he got all quiet and embarrassed. Luckily Shiro never pushed on it. He let James take his steps on his own pace. Even though he's still shy it's a lot more better than the first few times he let him use his room. He also made sure James took breaks with his binder, both him and Nadia. He had a habit of sleeping in it, usually on accident, or not taking breaks, not on accident.

James nodded and Shiro smiled, opening his room with the hand press, "It's alright. You can go inside, Kiddo."

James didn't protest, immanently walking inside and awkwardly standing in the middle of the room. Shiro followed after, the door shutting behind him. He made his way to his closet and grabbed out a box. It had some supplies for James, one that both of them had bought. James would freak and feel guilty every time Shiro got him something. In his mind, Shiro didn't have to do any of this. He didn't have to give him a safe space, he didn't have to buy him anything, he didn't have to check on him every one in a while to make sure he was okay, he didn't have to bring him snacks throughout the day. In Shiro's mind, this was the least he could do for his new family. He wanted all of them to know they were cared for. Even his teachers, like Mr. Iverson and Sam. They were all his family.

"How small do you feel, Buddy?" Shiro asked, getting three fingers in return. "Three? Alright, do you think your going to need a pullup?" James's cheeks heated as he shook his head. He usually had accidents three and under. Although he would always try to denied anything Shiro offered him. Usually during the first or second snack visit Shiro would find him with a pullup on. There have been a few occasions where Shiro's had to help out.