Little Lance & Keith: Failed Mission

"Lance really!?"

"Lance get your head in the battle!"

"Some Sharpshooter you are!"

"Lance hurry up!"

"Shut up and help Lance!"

Those are just some sentences that the others have shouted today. They yelled at everyone but mainly Lance. He wasn't doing his usual performance. Which made the others very upset and furious. Was he trying to get hurt or die?! Well, no. Not at all. In fact, he was doing the best he could with the head space he was in. He was big enough to fly, not good but he could still fight. But he was small enough to screw around everything up. What were they expecting? What kind of four year old can fight against Galra fleats? Especially when he was slipping faster and faster, since he wasn't fully there. At the end of the battle he had fully slipped. So Blue flew him back to the castle, making sure he wouldn't touch her control panel. He wanted to help still, even while his vision became blurry with tears. Even though he didn't remember which thing did what. He didn't want to be useless. 

. . . . Was he useless? Did he slip at a bad time? The others probably hate him right now. What if they found out he slipped? Oh they'd probably be so mad! He would definitely get yelled at again for sure! When they all landed everyone got out. They were sweaty and red in the face. Well, almost everyone. Lance didn't come out. Which made the others think he was hiding from them. Typical Lance.

"I'll go check on him," Keith sighed, taking off his helmet. His wet hair sticking to his shoulders. Oh he was definitely going to take a shower after this.

"Alright," Shiro nodded.

Keith walked up to Blue, who quickly let him in. This set alarms in Keith's head. Usually another paladin had to ask their friend's lion in order to enter. Was Lance hurt? Did he pass out? More brain damage? He does have a tendessy to hit his head a lot. Please don't say he lost a body part! Keith ran into the lion and tumbled into the cock pit. Tripping slightly of how fast he was going he heard loud sobs. He also noticed Blue shut out for anyone else to come in. When Keith was about to go check up on his friend he could hear the words Lance was trying to say.

Stupid.

Useless.

Too small. Bad, so bad.

The words were hard to hear, considering on how hard it was for Lance to say anything at the moment, but Keith could hear them perfectly. Even though they were in a babyish set instead of adult words. Had he said some of those words earlier? He hadn't notice. All he really did notice was that the thing was targeting Lance with every attack. And even Lance didn't move in time he got hit.

It had scared him, he didn't want to lose anyone else close to him. He hadn't realized what he said in the moment. Now that he thought of it more and more he would understand if Lance wanted to punch him in the face.

Keith slowly walked over to the baby, not wanting to be too loud and scare him even more. He tapped Lance's shoulder, who sprang his head up at him. Keith noticed his helmet was still on but was turned off. It was probably uncomfortable. He stared at Keith, crying hard and gasping for air.

"Lance I need you to breath for me," Keith said in a quiet voice, taking off Lance's helmet and tossing it to the side. He then grabbed his shoulders and began to breath. "Do what I'm doing, okay? In the noise, out the mouth."

It took a while but eventually Lance's breathing went back to normal. Keith trying to be as patient with him as he could. They stayed in that spot for a long time. It wasn't until Keith's helmet beeped from the floor that either of them moved.