Bond of Dragons and Riders

"Do you hate me?" Nightmare asked, tilting his skull to one side as he peered at Seraphim and Bird across from him, specifically the taller one. Dream was beside him, worried.
Bird glanced awkwardly to the side as he shook his skull.
Seraphim's wings and Blaster all stared levelly at him, arms crossed.
"Maybe." One of the Souls responded, a voice only a few types could detect.

He was well aware of the resentment emanating from Seraphim, but wanted to hear it in the godling's words.
"I don't trust you." Came the curt reply.
Nightmare shrugged, a tendril rubbing against Dream's leafy wings.
"I don't blame you." He blinked, tentacles shifting. "But you need to stop being so aggressive. Save your enmity for later, when Galbatorix is defeated. Then you can hate us all you want." He leaned forward, hands on his kneecaps. "We need to make Alagaësia safe for the Multiverse, otherwise we're all worse than dead. Do you understand?"

"I thought you'd want this suffering." Seraphim retorted. Nightmare sighed. "I won't lie to you, I thought so too." He paused. "And I was wrong." He admitted slowly.
"Congratulations. Anyone can say that."
He narrowed his sockets at Seraphim in mild irritation before running a hand over his skull. "The imbalance actually sickens me. I never would have thought that it would be so, but it is."
"So you just go buddy-buddy with the brother you disowned and hated for millennia instead? You expect me to buy that?"
"The apples made him insane, he's better now!" Dream protested.
"Yeah, it'd be just like you to believe that. I don't." Seraphim shot back.

Before anyone else could speak, Nightmare was standing, tentacles spread out behind him before one reached forward and pressed into Seraphim's skull, inserting his mind into the other's. The taller gasped, choking as he stumbled backward and fell into the wall, clutching his skull as his wings wrapped around him protectively. Nightmare left his mind alone, simply remaining there as he opened his own vast consciousness to Seraphim.

I apologise for the intrusion, but it's the only way I can think to convince you to trust me for any amount of time. Look at me, Seraphim. Look and see the truth in my words. He explained smoothly, staring at the taller calmly. The Sans froze while the Souls went ahead and investigated curiously. Dream's consciousness was still connected to his own, seated in the back of his mind as the lighter twin encouraged them to see what he did.

Nightmare took notice of the Frisk and Chara, seeing their memories and thinking of Error because of them, how the glitch cared for all the scapegoat Charas back in the Multiverse. The two Determined Souls saw this and were dumbstruck, even more stunned when he wrapped them in gentle folds of consciousness. The Blaster floating above Seraphim now had a flickering reddish purple right eyelight.

Why… The first human whispered. Why are you being so kind to us.
Nightmare regarded the floating skull and replied bluntly. Because I have no need for more misery. There's too much, and I'd prefer you as allies. He blinked as Seraphim coughed. "I get it! Please, get out of my skull." He shook beneath the weight of Nightmare's consciousness, visibly trembling. The dark Guardian retracted quickly, leaving a tendril of thought between himself and the other's Souls so they could satisfy their curiosity. Seraphim eyed him warily, still shielding himself with his wings as his tail twitched in front of him.

"Are you gonna do that to me, too?" Bird questioned tensely, shoulders raised as he covered himself with his wings much like Seraphim was. Nightmare huffed. "I don't need to. You're not aggressive towards me and my team, so I have no reason to do that."
Bird's yellowed eyelights glanced to the side as he shuffled his mahogany wings around him.
"Just go." Seraphim suddenly rasped, coughing as he closed his sockets wearily.

Nightmare blinked, but stood. Dream followed, glancing back in concern before both left.
"I don't want him unduly worried about us." He murmured once they were out of hearing range. "They should be fine. We have what we want, you shouldn't waste your energy when it's more valuable elsewhere."
"Then we shouldn't waste it on Arya by that logic."
Nightmare flinched. "You know that's different."
"Then let's visit her." Dream stepped in front of him, eyelights pleading. The darker cocked his skull to the side. "Dream, that's intrusive."
"I'm not saying we bust down her door." Lighter responded drily. "You shouldn't be afraid of one elf, Brother."
"I'm not afraid of her." He narrowed his sockets but didn't meet the other's gaze. Dream leaned in closer, making sure Nightmare could see his disapproval. It radiated from his mind just as clearly.