To Remember the Past

Abyss twitched as the voice in his mind reminded him yet again.
α∂ƒє¢тυѕ ιѕ вєgιηηιηg тσ яєтυяη.
He ignored it yet again, balancing as he walked along the tip of the roof, gazing out upon the city of Aroughs. Small, delicate tendrils waved about him, preventing him from tilting too far in either direction as he kept his hands in his pockets.

The sliver of the moon hung low in the sky, the west still faintly blue with the light of the now long set sun. The pale light glinted off the buildings, coating the city in a faint wreath of cerulean against the navy sky.
уσυ ηєє∂ тσ яємємвєя α∂ƒє¢тυѕ.

He sighed, casting his gaze in a new direction towards the long, moonlit shadows blanketing the courtyard of the castle, occasionally cut through with patches of orange from the flaming torches on the walls.

A gentle, saltine breeze drifted by, carried in from the sea. Abyss turned to peer at the rolling waves, cast in a silvery sheen from the crescent moon above.
уσυ мυѕт яємємвєя.

He sighed again, refusing to acknowledge the pointless notification. He didn't want to get irritated now. The night was peaceful. He was surrounded in a faint aquamarine glow, comforting and safe.
уσυ яєנє¢т тнє мємσяу ωιтнιη уσυ.

𝙳𝚊𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚝, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚞𝚝 𝚞𝚙, 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞? He finally snipped, glaring at the side.
The insistent voice calmed, a weight settling upon him, almost soothing.
уσυ αяє яєנє¢тιηg тнє мємσяу ωιтнιη уσυ. It repeated.

Abyss sighed, exasperated. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜. He pointed out in frustration.
𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚕𝚎𝚍𝚐𝚎, 𝚢𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝!
вє¢αυѕє уσυ ∂σ ησт ℓιѕтєη. уσυ ∂σ ησт яємємвєя. тнє мємσяу ιѕ ωιтнιη уσυ, αη∂ уσυ ¢αѕт ιт αѕι∂є. The voice explained, though he couldn't understand the meaning of it's words.

Abyss stood there for a long moment, fighting his irritation before collapsing to a seat, pressing his hands to his sockets and sighing yet again.
𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍..
He gritted his teeth to bite back the desire to scream.

Suddenly, one of the many glowing, crystal-tipped waving tendrils nudged him, surprising him. Abyss blinked at it, confused.
He hadn't done that. Had he?

More of them began to slide closer, coiling around his arms and over his ribcage. He flicked several away, bewildered as he scrambled backwards and hit the wall of a tower, batting at the crystal ends.
He wasn't doing this.

уσυ яєנє¢т тнє мємσяу ωιтнιη уσυ… The voice murmured, the tendrils falling limp. Abyss paused, then slowly untangled himself from the mess, the attached limbs falling to the side as he felt something inside.. fall. As if giving up.