Feinster

((Pain.))

They slept that night, making camp amidst the dusts of what had been the Varden's camping ground some week ago, lighting a fire in a pit of ashes to rest. Normally, they would have flown through the night, but the others were worried for GB's state and Eragon had yet to catch up on his sleep.
So they risked being late to the beginning of the siege to sleep.

The next morning saw the group rising up into the sky, gliding on currents as the dragons made an idle game of flying above one another until they both dove closer to the ground until they spotted the dark mass on the horizon.

The city was coming into view, and along with it the Varden, marching towards the walled gates from a series of trenches, familiar splashes of color revealing the Wyrdaí Islingrya among their ranks, Blasters hovering above the soldiers as they approached.

A mass of hovels surrounded the main city itself, many of which were flattened already, fires flaring up here and there, individual cramped buildings beginning to burn. It wouldn't be long before the fire was out of control.

Blue glanced over to see Eragon's face tight, mentally contacting his liegelord as Saphira surveyed the scene below. Blue cast his own thoughts out to find someone in charge of the Wyrdaí Islingrya and encountered Gaster, the other internally recoiling at his touch.

They spoke briefly, and he learned what he could do. GB glanced back at him and he flashed a grin. The skeleblaster drifted back, behind Saphira as Blue began to change, donning his armor the whole while.

He was ready by the time the Varden approached the gates, GB swooping down as the dragon let loose a tremendous roar. Both he and Blue joined their voices in, holding out Fyrnhamarr into the air.
The invading army paused briefly before a small chorus of voices burst out cheering, a small lazer firing into the air before the rest of the Varden exploded in a roar far greater than the dragons.

A Blaster appeared on the wall as they approached, startling the defending soldiers before it fired, ending a dozen lives instantly as GB passed overhead.
His jaws parted and his own beam shot out at the ground, decimating an entire troop in one pass before he finally landed further up the street.

Arrows fired from the roofs but he was no longer there, teleporting to the nearest one and snatching up an archer as he spun, knocking the rest off to fall to their deaths below.

By then Blue had undone the straps and launched out of the saddle, smashing his weapon through the helm of the first remaining archer and clamping his dragonish jaws on the second's head.
He spat out a wad of hair, bone and grey matter in disgust.
"How do you do that without feeling sick?" He questioned.
"Anger." GB replied simply, pouncing onto the next roof.

Blue stood and watched as his friend ripped apart the humans there as well, listening to the keening in his mind to not divide these people, just give them a chance to join together, one force, united..
He sighed, checking the surrounding buildings for remaining archers but they had already fled.

I cannot speak their language in this form. He reminded the now very much awake Unity.
I ƈαɳ ʂρҽαƙ ϝσɾ ყσυ! The deity exclaimed in his true voice.
…Very well. I'm still in control of my actions this time, however. I haven't forgotten what you tried to do with the Twins.
Unity whined at that, but understood.
Blue leapt down to the ground, charging up the street.

. • ° ° • .

The gates, revered for being impervious to magic, exploded with a blast of heat and light.
The debris burst out and managed to impale a waiting soldier at the side, and he was among the lucky ones. The rest directly in front were entirely incinerated.