Crystalline Souls

((I would have updated sooner but I quite literally slept through my alarm, lol. Going through some shit at the moment, hadn't slept in like two days before conking out this morning. Also, goddamn, rest in peace Technoblade. Live on in glory beyond this world.))

Blue was  finished recounting the discussion from before to GB and Draco as the pair curled around each other by the time they spotted Eragon and Saphira returning from the cliffs and their own experience of sharing a memory.

The skeleton almost ran to the boy when he saw the tear streaked face, but paused when a claw hooked into his bandana.
He turned to see GB gazing at him quietly.
He's fine. The skeleblaster stated, pulling him closer.
"I still want to-" He was cut off by a metallic snort.
Give him space, man.

"He's crying, GB!" Blue argued, just about pouting. Draco shifted then, cracking open a socket to peer at him.
He just got to watch a memory video thing of his dad trying to be his dad, 'course he's cryin'. He needs privacy in some things.

Blue sighed, rubbing his humerus nervously. "I.. I don't know what's gotten into me." He admitted as Eragon sat down at the outside table, Saphira resting her head beside him.

You miss your bro? Draco asked.
"Well of course, we all miss our brothers- but what does that have to do with-" And according to you just now, you said you were thinking about him.
He paused, mouth agape before he shut it again.
"Well.. yes. Are you suggesting what I think you are?" He questioned, somewhat surprised.
You miss being a brother. GB stated with a sad smile, Draco huffing in agreement.

Blue could only stare at the ground, seeing his emotions laid plain before him.
"I.. I don't like separation. It is not who I am- not what I am. I don't know what he's doing without me. I don't know how he's doing without me. And I know he doesn't take the best care of himself much of the time- what is he doing in my absence? I don't know! The uncertainty kills me inside at times." He was hugging himself now, legs unsteady on the ground as his tail curled around his left fibula.

GB rose to a half crouch then, pressing his snout to Blue's skull with a dull clack in an attempt to comfort.
He knows you're alive, and that's what matters. It won't be long until we finally kill Galbatorix and he shows up. We're waiting on our bros too.

He slid his gloved hand over the smooth bone with a look of regret.
"But he's not like your brothers. They can keep on hoping, keep on waiting and maintain themselves, but mine, he.. he can't overcome his misery." His voice dropped to a whisper.

But doesn't he have others looking out for him? Draco pointed out.
He has your Undyne, Alphys, Toriel, Asgore, even Fr- Chara. Wouldn't they help?
He briefly considered the possibilities, the knot of unease loosening at the thought.
"He can't tell them what happened to me."
Can't he? GB fired back.
"What?" He blinked.

I mean, can't he? By now it's probably become evident that the Multiverse is collapsing, right? People are vanishing from AU's into someplace else and leaving behind others who don't know what happened. So why would keeping it a secret matter anymore? The point is moot. He shrugged, sitting up.

"I.." Blue stared hard at nothing at all, thinking as his face gave way to fear.
"Because of Fate, GB. Because changing the norm they created could be seen as an act of defiance against them- Fate could ruin-"
How do you know what an incomprehensible bitch would react?

Blue's eyelights flashed cerulean as he looked away. "It.. comes from being around Ink so often." He excused, hugging himself again.
Now both dragons were gazing at him, eyelights intense as they saw through the lie.
Did you.. meet Fate? GB slowly asked.