The Nature of Magic

Blue loved and hated the training. He loved learning new things, and new magics he'd known nothing of before, becoming something greater than he could have ever imagined back in the days when he trained with Alphys- but it was so difficult. He read the scrolls given to them with a zest unmatched, doing his best to help Eragon when the human struggled.
He adored the saddle Oromis managed to provide, it was so elegant and beautiful, despite the less embezzled areas that had been cut off or modified to fit him and GB. Said skeleblaster was exceedingly uncomfortable with the idea of wearing it, but slowly warmed up to it with encouragement from Blue, Saphira, Eragon, even Draco.

Speaking of which, the skeledragon had been growing closer to GB all the time, the two often cuddling when they had the chance. Every other day GB would sleep with him instead of the Riders' treehouse, which Blue didn't mind- so long as he returned in the morning for training. The first time that happened, he forgot Blue and they went straight to Oromis, the skeleton forced to teleport and pout at his friend for that.

But the training went splendidly, Blueberry always had boundless energy, striving to help Eragon more than compete with him, as he never did have a competitive nature. Blue was just endlessly fascinated by the magics, history, and tales he was learning of, and treasured the knowledge and sharing what he could with Nightmare and Dream, as well as curiously watching how the pair grew ever closer and exceedingly similar.

And then there was the Flowey that appeared one day when they arrived in the morning. He wasn't a flower, but a strange plant/mechanical amalgamation with the power of 6 human Souls in it's 'petals'. He took the name Beast, and started hanging out with Oromis most of the time, a little ball of angst and childlike energy as he perched on their heads and skull- he was terrified of the dragons. The little guy had mentioned he used to be huge, but his AU's Frisk had just happened to know a few spells and one went haywire, trapping him in a small form before somehow he passed out, waking up in Du Weldenvarden.
Talk about sheer luck.
The little guy didn't even know about the Multiverse before appearing in Alagaësia.

But since he was there, he was integrated into each day, sitting on the table inside or a stool outside when they had their lessons. He was lost, like they, and enjoyed learning what he was allowed to learn, or running around as he chased animals, setting fires he had to extinguish later. The clearing was becoming scorched from his antics, and he was learning to rely on the flames less and more on his unique and disturbing attacks. The most peace was when he was sunbathing, for as part plant, he didn't need to eat.

So with the new, explosive arrival, they continued training. They learned how to control forces of the world, which Blue had an aptitude for, especially when using his native magic, the one that shared his name. Oromis even had them cooking with it, which was hardly necessary for Blue, when he'd been doing that already for all his life since he learned how to cook. For these, it was easier to have Beast join Eragon in the attempts, even as the Flowey grumbled, he never actually refused. Both failed miserably at first, Blue laughing as he helped Oromis straighten out their attempts until both human and monster had a handle on it. Beast was left grinning, thorny vine tails wagging as he successfully completed a dish.

And then there came poisons. Their teacher taught them how to find and counteract the toxins. From then on they had to be careful, for Oromis would poison their food and drink and expect them to find it and neutralize them. Blue seriously struggled in finding them, only for it to become apparent that he was immune to all but a small few lethal poisons; he had unusual reactions to those. "Another drink I'm immune to!" He normally joked, then panicked later as Eragon became sick.
Twice, the human became so ill, Oromis had to heal him. Blue wasn't allowed to, and his green magic couldn't do anything about poison. A painful reminder of how he couldn't save Brom.