Sword of Flame

It was a long, drowsy day. The air was cool and a gentle breeze rustled the many trees of the vast forest.
Or it would have been peaceful, if Error wasn't stuck with two deities dwelling in skeletons.

He sighed yet again as Curiosity spoke as a foggy, navy blue, pale yellow and white creature perched on Sci's shoulder. Said skeleton was still struggling to accept his situation, though he was at least capable of arguing in a civilized manner.

However, Seraphim very much wasn't a fan of Karma. The young god kept getting in spats as Karma maintained an air of indifference, considering his presence to be a business relationship when Seraphim AND his human Souls fervently disagreed.

There was a smell of cut and burnt grass in that direction, caused by the young god's anger at the ever emotionally constipated deity.

There was only a single major incident with Sci and Curiosity, and that was when the scientist went off on a tangent and ended up bringing out chemicals he mysteriously kept on his person for the sole purpose of causing an explosion.
Worse, Curiosity was delighted.

And worse, Error got involved because he absolutely was not interested. He wanted nothing to do with it. Not at all. He didn't smile at the green explosion and the smell of copper afterwards.

It was probably early afternoon when the unexpected earthquake hit them.
It wasn't big, only a low rumble that shook the trees, but everyone immediately knew something deeper was happening when all the pines began leaning in the same direction, a cold wind starting up.

He felt a sense of dread seeing the unmistakable threat of the forest, hopping atop a Blaster and zooming in the direction the trees were angling towards.

. • ° ° • .

They knew immediately that something was wrong before the trees even so much as shifted. A deep sense of Wyrda had crashed over as they were trying to relax, urging the pair to stand, demanding they follow it to the place that the Fate of this world had begun to take action.

The pair found themselves in the vast clearing around the Menoa in time to witness the great tree awaken, roots lashing out and binding around the last true Dragon and Rider left of this world.

Finally, the voice of the forest, of the once she-elf Linnëa, spoke.
Who dares to disturb my peace? Who dares to bite me and burn me? Name yourselves, so I will know who it is I have killed.

𝔒𝔩𝔡 𝔐𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔩𝔳𝔢𝔫 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔱, 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔤𝔦𝔳𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔪. 𝔗𝔥𝔢𝔶 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔶 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔡𝔢𝔰𝔭𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔣𝔢𝔞𝔯, 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔶 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔩𝔞𝔰𝔱 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔦𝔯 𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔡. Nightmare spoke up before Eragon could say a word, tendrils snaking along agitated roots that coiled and upturned the soil, scattering rodents and various other creatures as they exposed the dark earth.
They hurt me. Came the simple response.

𝔄 𝔣𝔬𝔬𝔩 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔬, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔶 𝔡𝔬 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔨𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔶𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔰 𝔲𝔫𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔦𝔯 𝔬𝔴𝔫. 𝔗𝔥𝔢𝔶 𝔴𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔞 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔤𝔬𝔫 𝔨𝔫𝔬𝔴𝔰 𝔣𝔢𝔴 𝔴𝔞𝔶𝔰 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔯𝔲𝔩𝔶 𝔬𝔟𝔱𝔞𝔦𝔫 𝔰𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰. Nightmare continued, before Dream then spoke.
𝓛𝓮𝓽 𝓾𝓼 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝔂𝓸𝓾, 𝓼𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓪𝓽 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓮. 𝓦𝓮 𝓬𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓵𝓮𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓭𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓸𝓷 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓡𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝓭𝓲𝓮, 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓭𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓹 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓭𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓯𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰.. 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓬𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓐𝓵𝓪𝓰𝓪ë𝓼𝓲𝓪.