A Punishment Made

They floated in the land between that was their domain, their recently obtained assistants swirling eternally around them as thoughts danced wildly about with lives of their own.

Free of a physical form in the land of Alagaësia, they drifted in timeless mists aimlessly, not focused on themselves but rather the world beyond, dreams, nightmares, emotions, happiness, sadness, love, rage, jealousy, gratitude, adoration, disgust, all only opposing sides of the same things.

They monitored, essentially omniscient with the fluttering spirits flitting across the landscape to do their bidding and heal what they alone had failed to mend before.

It was in this half state that Cicállaé drifted to a section of the dreamscape that was not theirs. They opened their sockets to rest bicolor eyelights upon a region that was blue and white, shades of turquoise flashing all around.

With a thought they questioned the spirits, their Astralle, what this place might be.
The answer, lacking language, was an eternally deep ocean of crystals, with alien blue and turquoise catlike eyelights gazing from it's dark depths, surrounded by the twinkling lights of gems and Souls.
Abyss, it would seem.
Or should they say Soul?

It appeared that Soul had a realm of their own, much like their dreamscape. It was much like their own, but fundamentally unique. It's ambiance, it's echoes, it's very aura was different.

Cicállaé called to their spirits, sending them into the realm to seek out any signs of intelligence from it's depths.

This is where it grew strange.
The Astralle explained how this place was unfathomably deep as far as they knew, reaching a place deeper and darker than even they could cross. The entire realm carried wisps of sentience, laced into itself and stretching to places they could not yet reach.
How interesting.

It was then that a voice whispered unexpectedly from this Abyss, surprising them as it spoke.
"уσυ ѕ𝚝αяє ι𝚗𝚝σ 𝚝нє αвуѕѕ, αη∂ 𝚝нє αвуѕѕ ѕ𝚝αяєѕ вα¢к."
It was a moment before they could respond.
"ᦔꪮ ꪗꪮꪊ ρꪶꪖꪀ ꪮꪀ ડꫝꪮ᭙ⅈꪀᧁ ꪗꪮꪊ𝕣ડꫀꪶᠻ?" They asked.
"уσυ αℓяєα∂у ѕєє."
"᭙ꫀ ડꫀꫀ ꪖ ꪜꪮⅈᦔ, ꪀꪮ𝕥 ꪖ ᥇ꫀⅈꪀᧁ."

It went silent, midnight blue mists drifting by in the time they spent waiting, spirits darting in and out of the dark clouds and ethereal gems shining like stars in the midnight sky.
Then the fog before them coalesced into a gleaming whitish figure, turquoise flashing in their fur. The skeleton.. like creature regarded them.

"ωє ωєяє ℓєѕѕ ιη¢ℓιηє∂ 𝚝σ 𝚝αкє ƒσям вє¢αυѕє σƒ συя ѕнα𝚝𝚝єяє∂ ѕ𝚝α𝚝є." They explained, voice rolling around them rather than from.

Cicállaé nodded in understanding. "ꪜꫀ𝕣ꪗ ᭙ꫀꪶꪶ. ᭙ꫀ ꫝꪖꪜꫀ ꫀꪀᥴꪮꪊꪀ𝕥ꫀ𝕣ꫀᦔ ꪮꪊ𝕣 ꪮ᭙ꪀ ⅈꪀ𝕛ꪊ𝕣ꪗ ꪖડ ᭙ꫀꪶꪶ. 𝕥ꫝꪮꪊᧁꫝ ꪀꫀꪜꫀ𝕣 ꫝꪖꪜꫀ ᭙ꫀ 𝕜ꪀꪮ᭙ꪀ ꪮᠻ ꪖ ᧁꪮᦔ ડꪮ ᦔꫀᥴⅈꪑꪖ𝕥ꫀᦔ ⅈꪀ ꪮꪊ𝕣 𝕥ⅈꪑꫀ."
The other nodded, forlorn. "𝙰 𝚝єяяιвℓє вℓσω ωє нα∂ вєєη ∂єαℓ𝚝, ує𝚝 ∂єѕρι𝚝є αℓℓ ωє αяє яє𝚝υяηιηg 𝚝σ συя ƒσямєя ℓιƒє ση¢є αgαιη. ωє αяє gяα𝚝єƒυℓ ƒσя ѕυ¢н."

They reached out to Cicállaé with a smile.
"ωє мαу ηєνєя вє ωнα𝚝 ωє ση¢є ωєяє, вυ𝚝 ωє ¢αη ѕ𝚝ιℓℓ ѕнσω уσυ 𝚝нє ƒєℓℓσω gσ∂ѕ уσυ нανє ηєνєя кησωη."
The god of emotion blinked in surprise, then gently took the other's hand off.

"ꪖꪀ ꪮᠻᠻꫀ𝕣 ᭙ꫀ ꪖρρ𝕣ꫀᥴⅈꪖ𝕥ꫀ, ᥇ꪊ𝕥 ꪀꪮ᭙ ⅈડ ꪀꪮ 𝕥ⅈꪑꫀ 𝕥ꪮ ꪶꫀꪖ𝕣ꪀ ꪮᠻ ꪮꪊ𝕣 ᥇𝕣ꫀ𝕥ꫝ𝕣ꫀꪀ, ꪀꪮ ꪑꪖ𝕥𝕥ꫀ𝕣 ꫝꪮ᭙ ꪑꪊᥴꫝ ᭙ꫀ ꪑꪖꪗ ᦔꫀડⅈ𝕣ꫀ 𝕥ꪮ. ꪀꪮ᭙ ⅈડ ꪖ 𝕥ⅈꪑꫀ ꪮᠻ ᥴꪮꪀᠻꪶⅈᥴ𝕥. ᥴꪖꪀ ꪗꪮꪊ ડ𝕥ꪖꪀᦔ ⅈꪀ ᥇ꪖ𝕥𝕥ꪶꫀ ꪖꪑꪮꪀᧁડ𝕥 ꪑꪮ𝕣𝕥ꪖꪶડ?"