I'm Just Tired

ELLE'S POV

' I can't believe what you're saying Elle, yeah we got married young but I thought that was what you wanted .. '

' Noah? What's gotten into you? I'm happy that we're married. I'm just saying that not everyone has to get married just because they have a baby. '

' Right. Fine. Whatever you say I guess. '

' Noah? '

Noah stood up and said goodbye to everyone else except me. I followed him out of Starbucks.

' Noah, I didn't mean - why are you ignoring me - hey.. ' He continued to walk away, completely disinterested in what I was saying. I gave up and watched him walk off before returning back inside.

' What the hell was that. ' I threw myself back down in my seat.

' He'll be fine Elle, he's probably just over emotional with Maddie going to school and everything. ' Lee moved over to the chair beside me.

' I hope so.. You guys know what I mean, about getting married, don't you? I don't regret getting married young, but I wouldn't have cared if we didn't either. '

' Elle it's okay, you don't have to explain anything. We don't have any plans to get married. Just living together is enough for us right now. You look a little pale Elle, are you stressed? Do you want us to take Aria for the afternoon. '

' I'm okay, just tired. I haven't been sleeping very well. Maybe you could take her, I could collect Maddie and bring her out for lunch or something. '

' You should definitely do that! We can drop Aria home afterwards. We were just going to go and see June anyway. '

We were still sitting in Starbucks when I got the notification to say Noah's flight had taken off. No usual call or text like he usually would. He must be really mad. I left after that to go and collect Maddie, who couldn't have been happier to see me when she ran out of the classroom.

' Mommy !! ' She shrieked as she ran out and wrapped her arms around my neck.

' I missed you ! '

' I missed you more. '

' Did you have a fun day? '

' I made a friend mommy. '

' You did ! What is her name? '

' No mommy, he's a boy. His name is Jake. ' Adorable. ' We're gonna be friends forever, just like you and Uncle Lee. ' Double adorable.

' So, since it's your first day, daddy is away and your sister is with Uncle Lee. I was thinking you and I could go out for lunch. '

' YES! '

' Where would you like to go? '

' Taco Bell mommy. '

' What a surprise.. '

We spent a couple of hours in Taco Bell before we headed home. Still no word from Noah. I was walking past Maddie's room on my way back from giving Aria a bath, when I heard a familiar voice through the door. I pushed the door open to see Maddie on the floor, talking to Noah through FaceTime on her iPad. He was chatting to her about school and showing her the present he had bought her.

' Mommy look ! It's daddy. ' She grinned and turned the iPad to face me, I could feel my stomach twist with the tension.

' Hey.. '

' Hi... '

' You got there safely then. '

' Yeah, look while I have you, I'm going to be staying tomorrow too. Another meeting has come up. '

' Oh, right .. okay. Thanks for letting me know I guess. ' I turned around and walked out of the room after that. I wasn't really interested in anything else he had to say. I got both the girls to sleep, and started studying until I eventually fell asleep surrounded by my books.

I woke up the next morning feeling crappier than I could ever remember feeling. My stomach was cramping up and my back was killing me. Shit my period, that is the last thing I need right now. I crawled out of bed and went to wake Maddie for school. Aria was sitting in her crib waiting for me to pick her up. I brought them downstairs and we got breakfast, I took some painkillers but the pain only seemed to be getting worse. Maddie skipped into school so now it was just Aria and I.

When I got back to the house, I left Aria to play with her toys and I laid down on the couch. This was definitely the worst period of my life, and I still hadn't heard from Noah. I was secretly hoping that he was just busy but I knew that he was avoiding me. His WhatsApp said he was online every couple of minutes. It was getting close to the time when I knew I needed to collect Maddison but the pains were getting so much worse. In the end I gave up and called my dad, he went to collect her and then came back to the house to collect Aria so I could sleep.

' Elle, honey. You look really pale, are you sure that you're okay. '

' Yeah I will be, I just feel crap at the moment. '

' Is everything okay with you and Noah. '

' Well.. no not really. He's in New York, and he's not speaking to me.'

' Oh Elle. I'm sure that has you feeling pretty lousy. '

' Yeah maybe actually, that could be it. '

' Are you sure that you don't want me to stay? '

' No it's okay, thank you for taking the kids though. I just really need to nap. '

' Its not a problem honey, I'll give them dinner and everything and bring them back later. I know Brad is busy making plans to look after them as we speak. ' My dad chucked as he led the girls towards the door.

As soon as he was gone, I carried myself upstairs and collapsed into bed. I was supposed to have college tonight but since Noah wasn't here to mind the girls, and I felt like death I had already decided to skip it tonight. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

It turned out that it was more than tiredness though, I woke up and realised I was bleeding really heavily. Fuck. I realised pretty quickly that I needed to see a doctor, except at this stage the doctors office would be closed. Emergency room it is, I sighed to myself. I pulled on some sweatpants and one of Noah's jumpers and got in the car. I tried dialling Noah's number but he didn't answer. I wasn't even sure when he was supposed to be home. I got into the hospital and gave a nurse all my symptoms, she reassured me and told me to take a seat in the waiting room. I stopped just in front of a vending machine when my head started spinning and I staggered backwards. That was the last thing I remembered.