We'll Take It

I opened my eyes the next morning and checked the clock, it took me a few seconds of panic before I realised it was Saturday and everyone was sleeping in, even Maddie. Noah was sleeping softly facing me and I curled in closer to him. He was always warm, even in the middle of winter. He wrapped his arms around me and I closed my eyes, although I didn't go back to sleep. We hadn't really made any wedding plans yet. Both of us agreed that we wanted Maddie to be a flower girl and have her walk down the aisle. She took her first steps a couple of weeks ago and I suddenly realised we could start planning. I was never one of those girls that dreamt about their wedding since they were a little girl. I didn't care much about my dress or where it was. I did care about who I was marrying and clearly that box was ticked off.

' Noah. ' I shook him and he jumped up.

' What's up baby? Is everything okay? '

' Noah let's get married. ' We both sat up in the bed, still whispering since Maddie was asleep.

' Like ... now. '

' No, no of course not.. lets start planning it. We always said we would wait until Maddie could be a part of it and now she can, she's old enough. I don't want to wait anymore. ' I smiled.

' Shelly.. ' He curled his arms around me. ' That is the most amazing news to wake up to baby. ' He grabbed me and pushed me back down onto the bed and began kissing my neck. . . . . .

* * *

Later that morning we all sat around together for breakfast.

' Hey mom. '

' Mmm hmm? ' June hummed as she laid a poached egg on top of avocado and toast.

' Any chance you could look after Maddie today while Elle and I look at a couple of wedding venues... '

' You are kidding.. ' She smiled.. ' Really? Of course I can. ' She looked completely shocked yet totally overjoyed all at the same time.

' It's finally the right time to do it, you know? Now that Maddie can be my flower girl. '

' Do you have a date? You know venues will want to know a date. '

' Well we were thinking hard about a date that would mean something to us. Our anniversary? Maddie's birthday but then it occurred to me, let's do it on Joni's birthday [ Elle's mom ] '

' Oh Noah.. that's an amazing idea, plus it gives you a whole year to plan. '

' Well, um.. ' I piped in. ' We were sort of thinking it would be her birthday this year. '

' But that's only two months away ! ' June shrieked.

' We know, but we just don't want to wait any longer. ' Noah announced calmly as he wrapped his arm around my waist. June stayed deep in her own thoughts for a while before she piped up.

' Well I can't wait to help you. ' She smiled.

* * *

We weren't surprised to discover any of the hotels we looked at were booked for the 26th July, heck they were booked for the 26th of July next year too. After the third rejection, I turned to Noah. ' We aren't ever going to find a wedding venue. 'I was far more upset than I expected to be. I sunk my head into Noah's chest until I heard another female voice. It was the woman from the hotel. ' I am so sorry but I couldn't help but overhear your predicament. I want you to know that we have an outdoor option which, incredibly, is free on your requested date. You get married outside beside a lake, followed by a meal in our smaller function room, which holds about 200 people. Would you like to see? '

I turned to Noah and we both nodded, instantly in love with the idea of it all. Noah turned back to the woman. ' I don't think we need to see it, we'll take it. '