Gender Reveal

The next couple of days passed by quickly. We found out that Mathew had left his new family soon after, he became an alcoholic and drug abuser and was homeless. The boys were taking it harder than they let on. Noah continued to apologise about being upset as he had no reason to be after what he did to me. I told him that he was still his father, you're genetically modified to love your parents and it was okay to be sad. He even spoke at the funeral. My pain was still there but I had a doctors appointment today, it was the last day off being Noah started his new job.

' So Lee and Rachel are having a boy.. Does that mean you want a boy too?' Noah asked me in the car on the way to the hospital.

' I told you, I don't care. '

' But gun to your head..'

' Really Noah, I don't mind. You clearly have a preference though? '

' Okay gun to my head.. girl. I would love another Maddie.. '

' Just because it's a girl doesn't mean they'll be like Maddie. '

' I know, but still.. I want a girl. I love having girls. '

' Just wait till Maddison has boyfriends showing up at the door.

' SHUT UP ELLE. ' Noah said his fists clenching on the steering wheel which made me laugh.

' What ! That's exactly what you did to my dad. '

' Oh my god.. it's a wonder he even talks to me. ' He said worriedly which made me laugh harder. ' Maddie will never have a boyfriend as long as I'm around.. '

' Oh yeah I'm sure.. ' I sniggered.

We arrived at the hospital, Noah pulled up, hopped out and opened my door for me, taking my hand as I got out. We walked into the hospital and he told me to take a seat, he checked us in. When he came back and sat beside me, I rested my head on his shoulder and he planted little kisses on my face, making me laugh quietly. We didn't care that there was people around us.

It didn't take long before we were called into the room by the same doctor that cared for us with Maddie.

'Hello guys, it's so lovely to meet you again. So I've been looking over the paperwork and everything looks good so far so we'll just do a scan and tell you guys the sex. Elle you don't need to worry about changing, just roll your top up. I climbed up on the bed and did as she asked. She squirted the cold gel across my stomach and rolled the scanner across. She stayed quiet for a few moments and just examined the screen.

' Okay guys, everything seems just perfect here. Would you like to hear a heartbeat? '

' Please. ' Noah said without a second thought. The doctor turned up the volume on the monitor and a quick heartbeat filled the room. It was fast but each beat was definite. Noah gripped my hand and smiled at me.

' Now for the sex... ' She announced. Noah gripped my hand tighter and I cuddled into his chest.

' Mr and Mrs Flynn, I'm delighted to tell you that you're having another girl. ' Noah leaped from his chair and threw his hands in the air.

' YESSSSSSS' He turned to me wide eyed, as if he had just won a football game. ' YESSSSSSSS, BABY AREN'T YOU HAPPY? '

I had tears pouring out of my eyes, I didn't realise how much I wanted a girl until I knew I was getting one. Noah had lost nearly all composure, he lifted me up and spun me around the room.

' I'm so happy. ' I cried into his shoulder. ' I can't wait to tell Maddie she is getting a sister. '

' Congratulations guys. I look forward to seeing you again in a couple of weeks.' She smiled and left the room.

' Oh Noah, I'm so happy. '

' Elle, once again you have made me the happiest man on the planet. You know that? ' He hugged me tighter than he had ever hugged me before then he took my hand and we walked back to the car.

We were headed to tell our parents the news but Noah was surprisingly quiet considering how he had been twenty minutes ago. ' Noah, is everything okay? '

' Elle, I have to tell you something. '

' You do ? Whats up ? ' My stomach dropped.

' Elle, I swapped out your contraceptive pill for a folic acid vitamin... Elle I'm so sorry I just .. I wanted another baby so bad and I didn't know if you did and I didn't know how to bring up the conversation. '

I stayed quiet for a long time, I decided not to make it totally easy for him.

' Elle, I'm so sorry. I hope you'll forgive me... '

' Noah.. I know. '

' You know what? '

' I knew what you did, and I wanted it too. That's why I never said anything. '

' You did, really? ' Noah started crying, again. '

' Of course Noah, they tasted completely different. Just please, you never have to worry about talking about this stuff, I'll always want to talk okay? '

' Does that mean you wanna have more babies? ' He grinned. I winked at him in return.

' Now come on, lets go tell our families that theres gonna be another girl.'

' I'm so glad she has the babies to distract her at the moment, she's been so vacant since my dad died. '