Happy Sundays

AN More of a filler chapter today, sorry X

2 WEEKS LATER

' So you're telling me that afternoon when I came into your bedroom to get your laundry, Elle was under your bed... ' June threw her head back in a fit of laughter. ' Elle I didn't think you had it in you. '

' Then you told Noah I had a crush on him. ' I giggled.

' Oh my god I did, didn't I '

' Little did you know. '

' That is too funny. '

It was Sunday so naturally both our families were together for dinner and we had a question to ask.

' Well ' my father said as he stood up. ' I'd like to make a toast to Elle, Noah and my little Maddison, we all had our doubts admittedly but you make quite the little family unit. You have very proud parents this Sunday. Cheers. ' Everyone clinked glasses as my dad returned to his seat.

' Actually ' I said standing up,' we have a question to ask. ' I turned to June.

' June.. since my mom died you have been the most incredible suggorate mother to me, and in this past year you have been my rock when I needed you. My whole life you have welcomed me into your family, even when I made you a grandmother. You are the reason Maddie is here and so healthy because if you hadn't then me to the mall that day I never would have known about folic acid or not eating blue cheese. Noah and I are so grateful to all of you, our parents , our siblings.. but June you have always gone above and beyond for us, especially me. That's why Noah and I were wondering how you would feel about becoming Maddie's godmother ? ' June burst into tears. ' I know you're already her grandma but we just feel you deserve all the recognition for your kindness. ' She ran over and hugged us both.

' Oh you guys, I am so honoured.. how did I end up with such a beautiful little family. ' I couldn't help but cry too.

' I'll never have the words to thank you June. 'I whispered in her ear.

'Elle, you have brought so much joy to this family. I'll never be able to repay you for giving me this beautiful baby girl. ' June ended the sentence in a baby voice as she took Maddie from my arms and sat back down. Noah turned to Lee.

' We plan on asking Rachel too Lee, as soon as the time is right for her. ' We smiled at him, I saw pain in Lee's eyes overtime I looked at him. Rachel wasn't dealing with everything very well and it was taking it's toll on Lee. Having Maddie around wasn't always medicine for them. For Rachel watching us for her was like seeing what her life could have been. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't all rainbows and kittens for us, this shit is hard, being a mom is way harder than I thought. Noah never wakes up anymore which means I have to do all the night shifts and morning shifts and I was really fricken tired. So much so I could feel the tension rising between us these days.