How Did We Get Here Elle?

The hospital let me out a couple of days later, they wanted the medication to kick in before they let me go. I could definitely feel a difference already. I felt like I was a better mom and a better wife.Noah was taking my illness very seriously, he took annual leave from work so he could stay at home with me and the girls and he really was a great help, he wouldn't even let me do a night shift with Aria. The four of us had been in our own little family bubble the last week, nobody had called around or anything. It had been so nice but we were both starting to miss our family. I was outside in the pool with Maddison when Noah walked out with Aria.

' Theres my girls. ' He grinned. ' Hey Elle, Lee and Rachel want to come over. Is that okay with you? '

' Of course ! '

' Okay great, they'll be here in five. '

I lifted Maddie out of the pool and wrapped her in her towel and carried her upstairs. I put her in a t shirt and pink shorts and she ran downstairs to wait for her uncle. I threw on my own shorts and a lacy white top and walked down the stairs. Noah was standing at the bottom and wrapped his arms around me, lifting me up when I reached him. He spun me around making me giggle.

' Do you have any idea how beautiful are? I am the luckiest man alive. ' He smiled and kissed me.

' I love you endlessly. '

' Forever? ' He whispered, his lips close to mine.

' Forever. ' I assured him and sealed the kiss. We were shortly interrupted by the doorbell. I jumped out of Noah's arms and ran into Lee's. I hadn't seen him since the hospital.

' Elle. ' He hugged me tightly. ' It's so good to see you. ' For as long as I could remember Lee's hugs have brought me more comfort that anything in the world. This was no different.

' Missed you. ' I whispered.

' I missed you. '

' Now I wanna cuddle my nephew.. ' I smiled and gave Rachel a shorter hug. ' How has he been?'

' He's likes to cry in the middle of the night thats for sure. ' Rachel laughed. She looks exhausted but not as exhausted as Lee. I could tell from their body language that there was tension between them. We all went outside and sat on the deck, we took turns swapping the babies around while Maddie kept a close eye on who was holding her baby sister but retiring to Noah's lap for a nap. Sometimes I forget how young she still is.

' How have you been Elle? ' Rachel asked cautiously.

' I'm um, I'm okay.. not one hundred percent and some days it's harder to wake up than the next, but I think I'm managing. ' I smiled at Noah reassuringly, he smiled back at me and comforted me with his free arm.

' How are you guys finding parenthood? ' Noah smirked knowingly.

' Bro you were not kidding when you said it's harder than it looks wow. '

' I told you, but you just wouldn't believe me... ' Lee pulled out his phone while Noah was talking.

' Mom knows we're here, she wants to know if it's okay to call over ? ' Lee looked at me.

I was sick of everyone walking on eggshells around me, you would swear that I was going to murder my entire family if they arrived at my house unannounced.

' How about I just hide in my room so you can all have fun without me. ' I snapped and handed Oscar back to Rachel and took off upstairs. Yes I am sick and yes sometimes I don't want to see people but I hated everyone being so cautious around me, even Lee.. Lee was never cautious around me. Wow I miss that. I heard footsteps walking up behind me, I didn't look back as I assumed it was without a doubt Noah, it took me by surprise when I heard Lee's voice closing the bedroom door behind him.