Oh My God

We were both so hyped after booking the venue, we didn't want to go home.

' Hey Elle, let's go do something we never do anymore. '

' Like what? '

' Like, like going to the movies ! We haven't done that since before Maddie was born.'

' You are so adorable.. '

' Please. ' He whined.

' Noah it's like a million degrees. '

' True.. Okay well let me take you out for a romantic meal. '

' Noah, we're supposed to be saving.. '

' I know, but I got a bonus this week and I wanna treat my girl. ' Even though we're engaged and have a child, my heart this fluttered when he called me ' his girl. '

Noah drove about twenty minutes down the road and pulled up outside the most beautiful building. It was placed facing the sea, yet it had vines running up the grey stone walls. It was beautiful and super fancy. When we walked in a man held the door and took mine and Noah's jackets. We sat down and I ordered ice tea, Noah stuck to water. I then ordered the quinoa salad and Noah got a steak.

' Baby can you believe our wedding is booked? ' Noah grinned from across the table.

' I already cannot wait. '

' You are going to be the most beautiful bride. ' He smiled, which in turn made my cheeks go bright pink.

' Have you decided who you want to be your best man yet? '

' Well I presume you have first dibs on Lee? '

' Well um, I was going to talk to you about it but yeah, I was hoping Lee could be my best man... a little unconventional I know but.. '

' Elle.. you don't have to try and convince me, I think it's adorable. Besides I'm happy to ask Jake to be my best man. ' Jake was Lee and Noah's closest cousin, he didn't live far away. Since the flynns were always like a surrogate family to me, he was like my cousin too.

' Are you sure? '

' Elle, I wouldn't see anyone else fit to be your maid of honour. ' Noah chuckled and I could tell Noah full intended on calling him that until the wedding.

' I want Brad to be one of my groomsmen too. That okay? ' Noah asked as if I was going to say no..

' Baby that's adorable, he'll be so happy. Of course. '

' And Rachel will be my other bridesmaid, of course. '

' I would never have thought any different. ' He smiled.

We were almost finished our food when my phone rang. I left it in my bag as I wanted to give all my energy to Noah but when it rang a second time I pulled it out to answer.

' Hey June, everything okay? '

' No Elle, it's Maddie. Can you come to the hospital? ' Suddenly my whole world came crashing down around me, I hung up and turned to Noah. Barely able to speak.

' Maddie, it's maddie... hospital now. ' Noah wasted no time, he leaped out of his seat, threw money on the table and we ran out the door and into the car.

* * *

Time stood still on the way to the hospital, I had to keep my eyes on the road as well as Noah because I was worried he was going to crash. We pulled up at the door of the hospital and jumped out. From doing this for my mom, to now doing it for my own baby. I hated this hospital. We ran to reception and gave Maddie's name.

' Down this hall, take first left, then another left and then right. ' I sighed, that sounds miles away. We sprinted down the halls and into the paediatric unit. I saw June before I saw her.

' Elle I don't know what happened, she was fine then all of a sudden she started getting sick and going pale and unresponsive. I called an ambulance instantly. '

' Oh my baby girl ' I cried, barely listening to what June was saying as I crept towards Maddie lying with her eyes closed in the little hospital bed.

' Mama. ' She whispered with all her might.

' Yes baby, mama and dada are here. Don't you worry. I turned to look for Noah who was standing shell shocked and pale at the end of the bed.

' Noah come here, please. ' I was trying to stifle the tears. He came over and wrapped himself around me and used his other hand to pet Maddie.

* * *

We sat there while doctors ran tests and checked her head to toe. Eventually a woman walked in, she appeared to be a doctor. ' Mr and Mrs Flynn? ' She quizzed.

' That's us. '

' Hi there, how are you. Well I do bring good news, Maddie has dehydration, which of course is not good news but it is easily fixed. A nurse will be in momentarily to attach some IV fluids to her arm which will wake her up and bring her back to her normal self. She's need a few days of observation and rest but we're happy that you'll be able to do that from home. I'm sorry you have had such a shock, luckily she'll be okay. '

This was the point where I lost all my strength and burst into sobs, I hugged the doctor and thanked her for everything they were doing. Noah held me tightly. Just then someone burst into the room.

' ELLE. '

' LEE. '

' Where is she? What has happened? ' Lee was close to tears. I went over and hugged him tightly, he had obviously driven down here in a total panic.

' She's here Lee, behind the curtain and she's okay. She has dehydration, but she'll be okay. ' Lee still cried when he saw her though, he adored her and it was unbearable for any of us to see her looking so ill. Noah was sitting in the big armchair and I sat down on his lap, he wrapped his arms around my waist and we watched as the nurse put the IV in her arm. I was so exhausted I could barely see anymore but there was no way I was sleeping.

Noah, Lee , June and myself all sat around her, waiting for this magic liquid to bring her round. After a couple of hours, she seemed normal again. I couldn't shake the guilt that her been dehydrated was all my own damn fault.