I Told You Prom Is Essential

On Thursday morning I made the decision to stay in beads most girls would be skipping class to get ready anyway and I could really do with an extra hour of sleep. No hope though as two minutes later Lee walked in the door.

' LEE' I could have been naked. '

' True, except I've already seen you naked. '

' Also true I sighed. ' He walked in on me and Noah once before.

' You've seen Rachel's dress right? Which tie goes better with it. ' He held up a coral pink tie in his left hand and a deep red in his right.

' Hmm, coral. '

' Thank you, also I have already had your baby daddy on the phone this morning telling me I have ton convince you to come to prom tonight. '

' Lee even if I wanted to , I don't even have a dress. '

' What about that dress you bought for our party? '

' Well thats for our party.. Now I am going to go and eat my weight in reeses cereal then help your date get ready for prom. '

' I'm really proud of you Elle. '

' Love you Lee, OH ALSO I forgot to tell you. I felt kicks last night. '

' YOU DID? LEMME FEEL? ' He leaped down on the floor and placed his hand on my stomach. ' They are clearly still sleeping .. not like their mother .. thanks to his godfather / uncle . '

' It was a tie emergency ' he laughed as he walked out the door. ' I'll see you later.'

I did exactly what I told Lee and ate a ridiculous amount of reeses in my pjs while chatting to June. Then I went up, got dressed which consisted of jeans and one of Noah's jumpers these days and headed over to Rachel's.

When I got up to her room she was pacing the floor.

' Girl, chill out . Whats the matter. '

' I'm just stressing over all the things I have to do before tonight. '

' Girl you have an assistant and everything. '

' Pretty sure theres a Law against having a pregnant slave. ' I burst out laughing.

' OKAY SHOWER FIRST . '

Six hours later and Rachel emerged from her wardrobe looking beautiful in a deep coral dress.

' OKAY GIMME A TWIRL. I should do this as a full time job.'

' Thanks Elle. '

' No problem, now lets get you into Lee's arms ' I winked.

As we approached the Flynns house, I could see Lee standing outside. June had played out a table with champaign glasses. Until I remembered I couldn't have any.

I couldn't help but shed a tear watching Lee and Rachel seeing each other for the first time. They were so adorable. It killed me little inside, I missed Noah, he should be here with me. I wanted to go to prom I really did.

' Okay picture time ' June sang as she grabbed her camera.

' Lee and Rachel first, then Lee, Rachel and Elle. '

I stood and watched them together, they were perfect. They fitted together almost like a jigsaw puzzle. They were made for only each other.

' Okay Elle, now I want a picture of you on your own looking all pretty and pregnant.' I stepped onto the patio and sighed before placing a fake smile on my face.

' You never were one for pictures .' A voice behind me laughed. ' You're lucky I'm such a cocky bastard really.. ' I turned my whole body around in slow motion.

' No- no - no - NOAH ' I sprinted over to him and threw myself in his arms.

' WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE.'

' Shelly .. I'm back. '

' For how long ? '

' No Shelly, I'm back for good...'

I collapsed onto the floor. ' You mean it ? You're really back. '

' Our phone call the other night almost killed me. I knew then and there I didn't want to be anywhere else but here. '

' But Harvard ... '

' I deferred and transferred.. If I so choose to , I can continue the course in UCLA in next fall.

' Oh Noah . I cried, holding him tightly. ' I've never been so happy. '

Suddenly I just had to ask. ' Why are you wearing a suit? '

' I told you that you weren't missing your prom... '

' Better go put on that party dress ' Lee piped in.

And so I did.