Elle I need a Break

I knew exactly where Lee would be, the arcade. Even now, even when our lives had changed so drastically the arcade was always his safe space. I parked up and headed into the cafe area, swinging my keys in my left hand. I looked around the room, there he was sitting in the booth in the corner, crying. I wasn't sure what I was going to say to him when I saw him, but at this moment I knew. Absolutely nothing. I walked over and planted myself in the booth beside him, I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his shoulder. He melted into me, accepting that I was here. He continued to cry silently for a while before he spoke up.

' Elle, how did I get here? '

' Lee, none of this is your fault Lee.. '

' This feels like loosing you to Noah, all over again. ' Damn.. that hurt.

' Lee, you'll never loose me.. you're my best friend, my twin. I love you Lee. '

' I love you so much Elle, I'm sorry she said those things to you and Maddie. You know how much I adore Maddie. You're an incredible mom and wife. I'm so proud of you, you're not only my best friend, you're my sister and my soulmate. '

' Lee, I'm so proud of you, look at all you have done. '

' Well it's all turned to shit now. '

' Lee? '

' What? '

' What are you going to do if he's not yours? '

' I don't know Elle, I feel so responsible. '

' What about Rachel? '

' I'm finished with her Elle, I didn't love her anymore. Even before this happened.. she wasn't the same person that I fell in love with. I want what you and Noah have, I want to love someone so deeply that I couldn't live without them Elle. I know that Noah could never live without you. '

' Lee, you are one of the greatest humans I have ever met, and you are going to find someone who loves you and treats you that way. It's not Rachel. '

' She used me Elle.. ' Lee burst into sobs. I held him tight, I was almost rocking him. ' She used me. ' I had never seen him like this, it was breaking my heart. ' Elle, I have to get away and think, I'm so lost. '

' Let's go to the beach house.. '

'Really? '

' Yeah, you and me .. and Maddie. '

' Elle, I would love that.. '

' Well then we're going. '

Noah was disappointed when he found out that we were going, only because he'd miss Maddie and I. He couldn't come because ha had to save his annual leave for the baby coming. I think dad and June were also planning to come down though. Everyone just wanted to be with Lee right now. We drove down in the mustang as we only needed one car. I hadn't been there in years, it looked as beautiful as ever. Awe had been there almost 4 days already.

' Hey Elle, Maddie and I are going to get milkshakes... do you want one? ' Lee walked outside to the pool area where I was lying, fully dressed since it was the beginning of March.

' I'm okay, thanks Lee. ' I sat up. ' Are you okay to deal with Maddie, did you want me to come with you? '

' No, we're good. We're just walking down to get them and then we might go to the beach.'

' If you're sure. ' I grinned. ' Could you pick up pasta from the store? I'm cooking dinner tonight. '

' You don't have to. '