What Did I Do To Deserve This

It had been a week since I got out of hospital and I hadn't gone back to school yet. Luckily I was in all the same classes as Lee so he was able to bring me up to speed. Besides, I was graduating next week anyway. Noah was working all day everyday at a motorbike garage and me, being eight months pregnant, was struggling to get out of bed for longer than four hours at a time. I felt like a slob but I was just exhausted.

This morning I got up around 10. I went down to the kitchen and found June there.

' Good morning sweetheart '

' Morning June ' She stood up and gave me a hug, she could tell I needed a hug.

' June, is pregnancy always this hard? ' I sighed.

' You've been through a lot Elle. I hope it would never be as hard again. ' I groaned as I poured milk into a bowel of cereal. June stayed silent for a minute.

' Hey Elle, for graduation next week we want to have a party for you and Lee. Just family really. Say, let's you and me go and buy a dress to wear this afternoon. '

' I'm not sure I could fit in a dress.. '

' You're beautiful Elle.. of course you can. ' I smiled.

' I'd love to .. only if I get to drive. '

______________________________________________________________________________________

The mall was super empty given most people were in school still. Last time I was here with June was the day she found out I was pregnant. I still couldn't eat taco bell... We spent two hours just wandering around different stores. I didn't see anything I liked

' Okay last store, I promise.. ' June announced.

I tried on a couple of things but nothing I didn't feel disgusting in, just as I was walking out of the dressing room I saw a dress hanging on the sale aisle. It was white with floral print, ankle length and off the shoulder.

' June look at this one ' I sang while taking it off the hanger and holding it against me.

' It's beautiful! Go and try it on. ' I skipped back into the dressing room and undressed. I stood in front of the mirror and put the dress on. It practically slipped onto me like silk. I stood in the mirror, shocked at the fact I finally liked a dress.

' Let's see Elle? ' June called from outside the door. I opened and revealed the dress.

' Oh Elle.. you look beautiful. '

' Thank you June, and guess how much? '

' A hundred dollars? '

' Twenty ' I grinned.

' In that case, I'm buying . '

Feeling good in the dress made me feel one hundred times better about myself, so good I didn't even go for a nap when I got back, much to Noah's surprise when he got home.

' Aw Elle.. I was planning to have a nap with you. ' He wined.

' Don't worry, I could still manage a nap. '