Disaster for Dessert

It was the last day of our honeymoon and we were laying on the beach. Noah wouldn't let me lift a finger since we did the test. I rolled over on the sand and kissed him.

' I have a surprise for you. ' He announced.

' Another surprise? '

' Yep, I got us a table in that restaurant up the road that was completely booked up. '

' You did! How? ' He winked at me in return, clearly he had turned on the Noah Flynn charm.

'I bought you a dress, it's up at the bungalow. '

'Oh my god Noah ! You're amazing.. where would I be without you. '

' Probably not pregnant in Bora Bora.. '

' That is true. '

We headed back up to the bungalow a few minutes later, we face timed Maddie around this time every day. We sat down on the bed and I dialled Lee's number. I found it hard to talk to Lee without telling him I was pregnant again except today he didn't pick up his phone. Weird. I called June next, the phone dialled and a few seconds later Maddie flashed up on the screen.

' MAMA DADA. '

' Hello baby girl. '

' Grandma gave me sweeties. '

' She did? ' I said, pretending to be shocked. ' Just wait till I get home. '

' Miss you dada. '

' I miss you too princess, I can't wait to cuddle you tomorrow. ' Noah was rubbing the small of my back, he was dying to get home to her just as much as I was.

' Maddison, where is uncle Lee?'

' All gone. '

' All gone? '

' He's just over at Rachel's. ' June chimed in from behind the phone. ' Did you need him. '

' No no, just missed him thats all. I'll see him tomorrow though. I miss you all. '

' We miss you guys too, now go and enjoy your last night over there. Love you. '

' Love you. '

I put the phone down and smiled to myself. I couldn't wait to tell them all the news, this time round it wouldn't be so nerve wracking. Noah came in and interrupted my thought process, he was carrying a small, flat rectangle box sealed with a satin bow.

'And THIS is for you. ' He announced proudly and handed me the box. I pulled the satin bow one one end which revealed that the box said Givenchy.

' Noah, are you insane ? How much did you spend on me? '

' Just open it. '

I opened the box to reveal a red dress, just above the knee with a ruffled hem. It was the same dress I had admired a few weeks ago.

' BABY. ' I jumped into his arms. ' How did you know? '

' Lee told me. When I saw it I knew it was meant for you. ' I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him tightly.

' THANK YOU! I'm gonna go put it on. ' I scurried out of the room, dress in hand.

It slipped so easily over my head and slid down my skin like silk. I turned to look in the bathroom mirror, and not to toot my own heart but I felt amazing. I skipped out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom. Noah was sitting on the bed waiting for me.

' Hey handsome. ' Noah looked up from his phone and his jaw fell.

' Elle... Sometimes I still can't believe that you're my girl. You look so beautiful. '

' Does that make me .. a milf. '

' You are the sexiest mom in the world Elle. ' He said as he pulled me onto his lap and kissed me. I kissed him back. Hard.

' I love you.'

' I love you. '

.

We arrived to the restaurant around eight. I had added red lipstick, heels and a black clutch to the restaurant. Noah had not once let go of my hand. I loved it. A middle aged guy led us to a table out on the balcony with the most beautiful view. A waiter came over to take our order a couple of minutes later, he was a guy around our age. Dark hair and tanned skin, he was handsome but I couldn't have cared less.

' Hey there guys, can I get you something to drink? '

' I'll have a beer, please. '

' I'm good with water, thanks.'

' What? A beautiful girl like you is only drinking water? '

' Uh, yeah I guess. '

' That's a beautiful dress you've got there. '

' Thank you, Noah bought it for me. ' I said, nodding my head in Noah's direction. I could sense how tense he was. The waiter walked away and came back a minute later with the drinks.

' Virgin cocktail for the lady, on the house. ' He winked at me.

' Yeah okay thanks. ' Noah snapped. I stretched my hand across the table and took his hand, rubbing his fingers with my thumb to try and calm him.

' Thank you. ' I smiled softly and turned back to Noah. ' Baby calm down, lets just enjoy our last night okay? ' I could instantly feel his hands loosen up.

We ordered a bunch of food for dinner, including lobster , French fries, chicken wings, avacado salad, eggs Benedict, monkfish and more. It was incredible. Eventually it was time to get the bill, Noah reluctantly called over the tanned waiter again.

' Can I have the bill please? ' Noah asked politely.

' Anything for a pretty girl. ' The guy, who was now wearing a name tag that read Jackson on it, got down low, took my hand and kissed it.

' Well it wasn't Elle who asked for the bill, it was me. Now just do your fucking job and lay off my wife. '

' Your wife?

' Yes, my wife. '

' As if.. '

' What did you just say... ' Noah started to rise to his feet. I lept up and took him by the arm.

' Noah, Noah, Noah, Noah look at me. ' I begged but to no avail. ' Noah you're gonna stress the baby. ' He stopped instantly and wrapped a protective arm around me, I buried my head in his chest and he wrapped his other hand around the back of my head. He was still tense though.

' Let's go Elle. ' We both turned to walk out when Jackson spoke up again.

' Wait Elle. ' He said and handed me a piece of paper. I unfolded it, it was his phone number.

' What makes you think I want this? ' I asked as Noah took a step towards him, breathing heavily.

' As hard as it may be to believe for your little brain, I don't want your stupid number and I don't want you. I'm married to the most wonderful human being. I don't want you, take a hint. '

' Bet he doesn't satisfy you like I could. '

' That's it. ' I turned around and punched him straight in the face. The whole restaurant fell silent.

' Come on Noah. Let's go. ' I said and walked past him. He was still standing there, suddenly his dropped jaw erupted into the biggest smile I had ever seen.

' Could my girl be any more wonderful. ' He said to Jackson before following me out.