Something Wicked This Way Comes

Two days later I was finally allowed out of hospital. I couldn't wait to come home and start our new lives. It was a Tuesday afternoon and I was still in bed. I was still on strong painkillers after the C - Section and I used that to justify staying there. Maddison was asleep in the crib beside me, I was listening to her taking soft breaths when Noah returned from the store.

' Okay I got the formula but they didn't have the diapers the hospital used so I just got these ones. ' He said as he flung them on the changing table. ' Also a coffee for my girl.' I took the Starbucks cup from his as he climbed into the bed. ' You read my mind ' I winked. ' She's been snoozing since you left. '

' Eat, poop and snooze.. her favourite hobbies... mom has invited everyone over for dinner tonight. She's doing Mexican.'

' Sounds amazing. '

' I still can't believe she's here. '

' Neither can I and she's such a good baby too. '

' I've only heard her cry twice, and one of those times was when she was born. '

' That's the work of a brilliant mother Elle belle. '

The door burst open and Lee arrived in, before that would have driven Noah insane but recently they have been getting on so much better which is amazing for me because it means I can have them both by my side.

' So..' He announced. ' I have decided when Maddison turns sixteen I am going to buy her first car. I am also going to bring her for her first drink which you will know nothing about because you'll be her annoying embarrassing parents by then. Meanwhile I will be the cool uncle slash godfather. ' I burst out laughing.

' Noah might kill you. '

' No Elle, he won't know. ' Noah scoffed in return. ' Now let me hold her. '

' She's asleep. '

' She's always asleep. ' He whined.

' I know dude.. who would have thought it. '

' So have you picked a godmother yet? Pick someone hot so we can hook up at the christening.. ' I fake slapped him. ' I'm sure Rachel would love to hear you say that. '

He rubbed the back of his neck like Noah usually does when he has to tell me something he doesn't want to.

' Rachel and I are going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment. '

' Oh.. do you wanna talk about it ? '

' No not yet . ' His expression turned quickly although now I could tell it was false. ' I JUST WANNA HOLD MY FAVOURITE NEICE BUT HER MOM IS MEAN. '

' Go ahead..' I sighed. I knew Lee was hiding something from me now.

Dinner time came around and I finally got up. I thew on a pair of loose tracksuit bottoms and one of Noah's t shirts. I brushed my hair and did two French plaits while Noah changed Maddison's diaper. When I looked over Noah was dressing her in a white baby grow that read ' daddy's girl ' across the chest, I looked in the drawer for a matching cardigan. She looked adorable.

By the time we got downstairs, everyone was sitting around the table.. except Lee.

' Hey June, is Lee coming ? '

' He has called over to Rachel sweetheart, I'm sure he'll be back soon. ' That was June's lying voice. What are they hiding from me?

' So Elle? How come you didn't give Maddison a double barrelled name. You know Flynn - Evans or Evans - Flynn ? '

' Well Mr Evans, since Elle is going to be Elle Flynn eventually we decided to just get ahead of ourselves .. with your prior permission of course. ' He winked at my dad. Noah aways knew how to be cheeky and charming. Thankfully my dad said no more.

Three hours of talking at the table passed. Still no sign of Lee though. I excused myself and said I was bringing Maddison up to bed. Everyone hugged me and kissed her little cheek. Noah carried her up for me since I still couldn't.

There was something wrong in this house and I was going to find out what it is.

A/N Picture of Maddison ( Maddie ) above ALSO I am going through some writers block rn so PLEASE send me any suggestions y'all have, EVEN LITTLE FILLER CHAPTERS x