The First One

The next few days were pretty rough. We were all pretty shaken after what happened, Noah especially.. he just couldn't handle the fact he could of lost us. He took annual leave for a week and booked us into a hotel a couple of hours away. We just spent a lot of time together as a family , it took me days to convince Noah we didn't need to move to another apartment. We had been home a day and admittedly, having someone else to help look after Maddie was life changing. This morning, it was after nine and we were still laying in bed, talking mainly. I had something to tell him and I didn't know how it was going to go down...

' Noah.. '

' Yeah Elle Belle. ' He said softly, stroking my hair.

' I have to tell you something, only if you stay calm though.'

' Whats up Elle? '

' Calm? Promise? '

' I promise.. '

' Noah, Lee and Rachel went to speak to an adoption counsellor yesterday.. they're not sure they want to keep the baby.. ' Noah stayed silent for easily two minutes before he turned to look at me again.

' Are you kidding me? '

' No Noah, you promised me.. you can't tell Lee I told you. '

' He can't be serious. He can't just give up his child. ' Noah had got out of bed at this point and he was putting his clothes on.

' Noah, where do you think you're going? Noah Flynn. '

' I'm going to go speak to my brother. '

' NOAH. You can't. '

' Elle, what did you expect me to do. He can't just give away his baby, he has no idea what he is giving up. Who knows what would have happened to us if you didn't get pregnant. ' I could tell he regretted what he had said the moment he saw my reaction. My whole face fell.

' When I got pregnant? Are you saying we might not be together if it wasn't for Maddie? ' I was crying now, it wasn't like me to cry but what he said hurt me, badly.

' Elle.. I.' Noah's tone was full of remorse.

' Noah, I don't wanna talk right now. '

' Elle please - '

' Noah I said I don't wanna talk. '

' Fine.. no problem. ' Noah spat and walked out the door, I heard the front door bang a couple of seconds later. I waited a few more seconds to confirm he was gone before I burst into tears. Did Noah really doubt that we could have made it? Did he blame me for getting pregnant? I got up and put the latch on the door, nobody was getting in here today. It was going to be just Maddie and I.

' Hey sweet girl, you want a snack? '

' Cookie mama. '

' Fine.. ' I sighed and grabbed his a biscuit from the shelf, ' But only one. '

I spent of the day on the couch, Maddie was being really demanding and wouldn't go for a nap. I was doing my best to stay awake. I tried calling Lee, but he never returned my call. Noah will have spoken to him by now and he'll be pissed off with me. Before I knew it, I was finally putting Maddie to bed. I tucked her into my bed and climbed in beside her. I must have cried myself to sleep because the next thing I knew it was 4 am and my bed was soaking. I felt around, making sure Maddie's diaper hadn't leaked on me but it wasn't that. It was too soaking to be sweat. Suddenly it dawned on me. After going through all the different possibilities in my head, followed by extreme denial I realised, oh my god, my waters had broken.

A/N Ooooh Elle and Noah's first big fight,  I am totally aware how short this chapter is.. I was hoping to get more written tonight but it it will have to wait.. enjoy the cliffhanger..